Silicon Footwear

What causes heel pain only while walking without shoes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a patient of hyperthyroidism. Initially, my weight was 52 kilograms. After taking medicine for one and half years, I got recovered. But my weight got increased up to 73 kilograms. I am having heel pain. By using sports shoes, I can able to walk and do exercise. But without using sho...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have weight gain and heel pain. You have mentioned that you have hyperthyroidism and after taking medication, you got recovered. Patients having hyperthyroidism can tend to go into hypothyroidism. Since you had hyperthyroidism and after taking medication, your level...  Read Full »

How to treat swollen heel due to injury?

Query: Hi doctor, I got injured while playing. I fell down and my knee hit the ground. To prevent it, I tried to apply counter pressure on the floor using my heel. Now I have swelling in my heel for a week. On the first day, I could not able to walk properly. I had a burning sensation on the heel. After...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You got a trauma on the heel due to the application of counter pressure over the heel. Now, there is numbness along with it. A numb heel is caused due to blood flow constriction or nerve damage. The tibial nerve runs inside the tarsal tunnel and it can be compressed. Co...  Read Full »

Why makes the bottom of the feet feel swollen?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having issues with my feet. I feel that they are swollen and numb, but they are not swollen and also there is no discoloration. I do not have any chest pain, lightheadedness, dizziness, shortness of breath or any unusual pain and ache anywhere else. This usually happens while sitting...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These symptoms suggest that you are having nerve pain. Nerve pain usually requires some special medications. So, I suggest tablet Pregabalin 75 mg twice daily in the morning and at night for 30 days before food. Continue your B12 vitamin tablets for 30 days. This is a ner...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain after plantar fascia release surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I had plantar fascia release surgery three months ago and my doctor released me to work even though I was supposed to get one more x-ray. After getting the second X-ray, he said the x-ray looks good. But, still I am in a lot of pain. Also, the pain has spread to the outside of my foot al...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, you do not need a second opinion. The surgery is done, but you still have some tenosynovitis of the other tendons, which has to come down. Also, it is very likely that you have a flat foot due to the tenosynovitis of the posterior tibialis tendon. So, I suggest you th...  Read Full »

Apart from anti-inflammatory medicine, what should I do for plantar fasciitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. I am having swollen feet despite taking anti-inflammatory medications. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not know what anti-inflammatory medicines you were taking, but you need to take the correct medicines and the main treatment of plantar fasciitis is stretching exercises. When the pain reduces, you have to do calf stretching exercises to reduce the pain of plant...  Read Full »

Please advise the best treatment for heel pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I have started getting heel pain after exerting in tennis. Please see the photo of the pain area marked in red. Initially, I had continuous pain while walking. It is slightly more on the first few steps after rest or sleep. My physiotherapist suggested it could be a plantar fasciitis and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned pain in the area of heel region, which has been marked by you and it looks like plantar fasciitis, which has already been mentioned to you. Just let me know whether there are any other signs and symptoms of inflammation like skin redness, local warmt...  Read Full »