Q. Is it advisable to use Silver nitrate to cure granulation with pharyngitis?

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

My ENT doctor told me that I am having granulation with pharyngitis. He applied silver nitrate. Will I be fine?

Do you have a question on Silver Nitrate or Granular Pharyngitis?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

MBBS., MS. (ENT
Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)

The condition you specified might be granular pharyngitis. If it is a recurrent condition you can be treated with Silver Nitrate to remove those granulations. There is no problem in the above-mentioned treatment. Apart from antacids, I suggest you take antibiotics and mouth gargles. If possible, provide me a picture of your throat by taking a picture in the mirror (if possible).

I am having bleeding and pus discharge from toenail. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I have toenail problem. I had bleeding and pus formation. I consulted a doctor and she had prescribed the following treatment. Tablet Novamox CV 625 three times a day for five days. Apply T-bact ointment twice a day. After taking the above treatment, the pus formation stopped. But there ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How did this start? Did you have trauma to the nail? Is it painful? Is it only one to nail? How many times it has bled? You have mentioned there was pus, was it greenish? Or just frank white pus? Does it smell bad? Your other toenails appear yellow (attachment removed t...  Read Full »

Can a swollen tonsil cause gagging?
Query: Hello doctor, I possibly had mono five months ago. I did not get it confirmed with a test though. I felt better in two months. However, I was stressed a few weeks ago as I got a lump going from my uvula to my tonsil on one side of my mouth. I initially thought it was an allergy and left it...  Read Full »
Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a throat infection. It is tonsillitis with granular pharyngitis.The tonsils, as well as the lymphoid tissues of the posterior pharyngeal wall, are enlarged and infected. I suggest the following: A course of antibiotics like Amoxyclav 1 g (a combination of Am...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now