Q. ECG shows sinus arrhythmia and T-wave abnormality. Should I see a cardiologist?

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 10, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 04, 2022

I am 32 years old. I went through a medical fitness test for employment. While going through an ECG, it showed sinus arrhythmia and T wave abnormality (V4, V5, V6) and it has got me worried whether I am unwell. I do not feel anything wrong with me when I walk for 4 km three times a week. I do feel palpitations after running but it subsides after few minutes and I have not done 2D echo.

Please suggest. I am worried.

#

I have gone through your ECG (electroencephalography). There are nonsignificant changes and it is considered normal. Whatever is mentioned on the ECG is a machine-generated report and is frequently inaccurate. So, there is no need to worry or do an echocardiography. Sinus arrythmia is also a normal phenomenon.

Also, palpitations during walking so long are absolutely fine.

So overall, do not worry about the ECG changes. However, in general, maintain a healthy lifestyle like exercises, avoid smoking and alcohol.

I hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

What about the T-wave abnormality? Is there a need to see a cardiologist?

Please suggest.

#

There is no definitive T-wave abnormalities, just minor variations which are acceptable.

I do not think there is any need to see a cardiologist.

Take care and all the best.

|