Q. ECG shows sinus arrhythmia and T-wave abnormality. Should I see a cardiologist?

Published on Mar 10, 2018

I am 32 years old. I went through a medical fitness test for employment. While going through an ECG, it showed sinus arrhythmia and T wave abnormality (V4, V5, V6) and it has got me worried whether I am unwell. I do not feel anything wrong with me when I walk for 4 km three times a week. I do feel palpitations after running but it subsides after few minutes and I have not done 2D echo. Please suggest. I am worried.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

I have gone through your ECG. There are nonsignificant changes and it is considered normal. Whatever is mentioned on the ECG is a machine-generated report and is frequently inaccurate. So, there is no need to worry or do an echo. Sinus arrhythmia is also a normal phenomenon.

Also, palpitations during walking so long are absolutely fine.

So overall, do not worry about the ECG changes. However, in general, maintain a healthy lifestyle like exercises, avoid smoking and alcohol.

Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

What about the T-wave abnormality? Is there a need to see a cardiologist?

#

There is no definitive T-wave abnormalities, just minor variations which are acceptable.

I do not think there is any need to see a cardiologist.

All the best.

How to identify the reason for palpitations?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from heart palpitations. Also, I have occasional breathlessness. For a while, I used Propranolol. But, it did not work. So, the doctor asked me to do a thyroid test and the result was normal. I do not know what to do. Please help  Read Full »

Could my father's bradycardia be linked to his thyroid gland disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, My father was diagnosed with thyroid gland disorder wherein T3 and T4 levels come as normal in results while TSH is pretty much high. Sometimes, the TSH value rises to 100. He has been on Levothyroxine or Eltroxin 100 mcg for the last 17 to 18 years now. Lately, he was hospitalized f...  Read Full »

What is the problem with ECG Report? Is it fine to take Concor tablets?

Query: Hi doctor, I want to explain my wife's situation and I need your help and assistance. When my wife was in the kitchen, suddenly she felt some pain and heat in the upper part of her stomach and felt all her body become hot. I took her to the hospital, in the emergency department her pressure was 110...  Read Full »