Skin Burn

Why do I have a scar with pain in my penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been running a lot lately, and there this one time that I felt some pain in the head of my penis. It was a small burn, and it did not hurt, so I just let it be. Then I noticed a sort of small scar. Now, it has gotten big, like a callous or a big scar plate. It does not hurt or any...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for attaching the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and I understood your concern. Such a thing can be due to fungal infection or allergic dermatitis due to sweating and improper hygiene. As you mentioned, you were not involved in sexu...  Read Full »

How to treat hot water burns in a kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4-year-old baby spilled extremely hot water on his right feet. The skin became red immediately. I put Aloe vera gel and silver nitrate ointment. It is better now. But, he is suffering from burning and pain. Kindly let me know what are the other medications and other precautions tha...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to start applying Linical (Calamine) lotion every hourly until the burning settles down. You also need to apply T-Bact (Mupirocin Topical) or Mupi (Mupirocin) or Nadibact Cream (Nadifloxacin Topical) thrice daily after applying the Linical lotion. You can a...  Read Full »

How to stop burnt fingers from paining?

Query: I was making Ramen Noodles about 3 and a half hours ago and after it was finished in the microwave (water in the cup put it in for 2:30 makes it just perfect) I decide to go back to my room. Well Hot water spilled of my hand and now 3 fingers (pointer middle and index) are burnt. My pointer is red w...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Don't worry I'll help you with all your concerns. First let's clear your doubt about using ice on burn. Ice application should be avoided as it's direct application to burn area causes vasoconstriction that is blood vessel supplying to that area constrict and blood flow to curb area reduces ...  Read Full »

How long will it take to heal oil burn on face?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife has oil burn on her face, she consulted a hospital and they gave Exocin for one week and later doctor has prescribed to use Aloe vera gel. Initially, we have got Aloederma and skin on face lightened to pink. Later week we got Elovera gel from GlennMarc and slightly got exposed...  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Apply Fucidin cream twice daily for seven days (to prevent secondary bacterial infection), tablet Limcee 500 mg once a day for 30 days (help in wound healing). Is there a fever? Any antibiotic treatment done? Clean the area with Povidone-iodine and normal saline...  Read Full »

How to cure a scar caused due to burning the tattoo with slaked lime and washing soda?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a tatto. I was bad and due to embarrassment I burned it with slaked lime and washing soda, it now swelled up. It is five months now when I burned it with slaked lime and washing soda. Please tel me the right way to cure this. What medicines I have to take? What is the cost? I am...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your problem, but you have got a hypertrophied scar. Scar remolding process can continue to take place months after the real injury. In your case, burning with soda and slaked lime. It could be active but you can halt the activity by visiting the dermato...  Read Full »

Will a curling iron leave a burn scar?

Query: Hello doctor,I burned myself with a curling iron. It did not appear bad at first but a scab is forming. Will the burn leave a scar?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the clinical images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears to be a superficial burn but there is a risk of a superficial scar. It will not be very prominent and can go with time as you grow. I suggest you apply some ointment...  Read Full »

I have undergone skin grafting in my leg. Please suggest some treatment to regain my skin color.

Query: Hello doctor,I have undergone skin grafting in my leg due to acid burn before three years. Now it is fine. But my skin discolors, and stitch marks are not changing significantly. So please suggest some treatment to be done to regain my skin color quickly.  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Though It is not possible to reverse changes back to normal completely, you can use following topicals and then follow back. 1.Contractubex cream 2. VC 15 serum. Mix both in 2:1 ratio and apply twice a day for six weeks.  Read Full »

Will Taro-Mupirocin help in healing of burn injury?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend got boiling water thrown on him. Will Taro-Mupirocin help the burns go away or help him in healing the burns?  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Gulati

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not think Taro-Mupirocin will be much effective. Instead of this, you may use Silver Sulfadiazine ointment which helps to relieve the burns and give a cooling effect also to much extent. Also, apply a lot of ice over the burnt area. Ice application helps to heal...  Read Full »

What to do if baby accidentally poured Dettol antiseptic liquid over body?

Query: Hello doctor, My 1 year five month old baby poured Dettol antiseptic over his body. We washed it only after four hours. Later, we found a brown and burnt skin area around the genital organ. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dettol antiseptic does not cause any burn injury to the skin. It may be that your baby had this skin problem prior to this incident. Babies frequently have these kinds of rashes. Follow these steps: Apply coconut oil on the affected areas. Do not use dia...  Read Full »

I spilt hot tea on my thighs.What should I apply for rapid healing?

Query: Hello doctor, Tea spilled on my thighs last night and I can see swelling filled with water now. I have already applied silverex ointment yesterday night. What should I apply for rapid healing?   Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hot beverage spillage usually causes severe burning sensation, but there is no reason to get alarmed if managed properly. From what you have said, I guess that the scalded area is small. If it is so, the first thing you have to do is to apply water and wash the wou...  Read Full »