Q. My wife has oil burn on face and it turns brownish color on using Aloe vera gel. Please help.

Dr. Snehal Laul

My wife has oil burn on her face, she consulted a hospital and they gave Exocin for one week and later doctor has prescribed to use Aloe vera gel. Initially, we have got Aloederma and skin on face lightened to pink. Later week we got Elovera gel from GlennMarc and slightly got exposed to sun for 5 minutes. The skin color suddenly changed to brown-black. Her remaining skin color is white. Dermatology doctor has prescribed Suncros (3 times), Clearz plus (for night). Please advise if the brown-black color fades away and restores to actual skin color. How long would it take to heal?

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatology Venereology
#

Apply Fucidin cream twice daily for seven days (to prevent secondary bacterial infection), tablet Limcee 500 mg once a day for 30 days (help in wound healing).

Is there a fever? Any antibiotic treatment done?

Clean the area with Povidone-iodine and normal saline. Daily dressing needed. Apply Soframycin if not Fucidin.

Is there burning, irritation, blisters formation, peeling of the skin, or pain? Since how many days before burn occurred?

| 

The incident happened on 5th July. Plastic Surgeon has checked and done the treatment and prescribed Exocin ointment (antibiotic) with this the wound got healed by 11th July. Doctor later prescribed to use Aloe vera cream, we used Aloderma and the skin color changed to pink which almost looked skin color as on 18th July. My wife got exposed to sun for approximately five minutes on 19th July and from 21st July she started using Elovera gel (Glenmark product) but suddenly, the skin color got changed to brown as in the image on 29th July. Doctor looked through and prescribed Suncros Aqua gel and Clearz plus cream.

She does not have any fever, blisters, peeling of skin or pain now but had pain for a week until the wounds are healed. She has slight burning for two minutes when Clearz plus cream is applied. Please advise if the color turns brown before it restores to normal skin color and how long it takes to restore?

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatology Venereology
#

Use Lactocalamine lotion two to three times a day for 20 days (if burning), and Fucidin cream at night for 10 days.

Take tablet Emanzen D (Serratiopeptidase and Paracetamol) twice daily for three days (if pain), tablet Zifi (Cefixime) 200 mg twice daily for five days (if oozing or infection at site). Daily dressing with Povidone-iodine and normal saline.

It will take a long time to completely heal as the burn scar on the face is deep and the area of involvement is large. It may take four to five months to heal depends on how we take care of it.

Avoid scratching or rubbing lesions as it may lead to secondary bacterial infection. Complete the previous treatment too.

|