Skin Care Tips For Acne

Does Epiduo help with acne scars?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently having acne on my cheeks and I am applying Benzoyl peroxide gel on my acne. It only reduces the inflammation but bumps are not reducing. I also have pigmentation caused by acne before. What may be the reason? I usually get cystic acne bumps on my cheeks. The acne clears ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This provisional advice provided by me stands subject to the actual examination of report or image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and is based entirely on inputs provided to me. It should be correlated with clinical findings. You should know that ...  Read Full »

Can Betnovate cream be used for acne?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 22 year old female. I am suffering from a bout of acne since a couple of weeks now. They redden and leave behind dark spots. I am not touching them and drinking plenty of water. I have used tea tree oil and lemon juice on them. I apply Betnovate but it is not helping much. Kindly...  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please stop applying Betnovate (Betamethasone) since it is not an acne treatment and can actually give rise to more acne. Kindly provide me with more details: Do you have dandruff on you...  Read Full »

Can change in diet cause weird breakout around the chin?

Query: Hi doctor, Just recently I have noticed some weird breakouts around my chin area. I am not sure when they started. While I do from time to time experience acne, I do not think what I am experiencing on my chin is not an acne breakout. Because there is no white head or black head present. They are no...  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and according to me they are papular lesions of acne. They are not blackheads or whiteheads. I would recommend you to continue with the birth control pill besides applying Benzoyl p...  Read Full »

Is it a must to treat acne with topical and oral medicines?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from acne since one month, mainly it is cystic acne. I have always had this issue on and off, but this time it is painful and new acne keeps coming. The scar too takes long time to go. I have been using the over-the-counter Benzoyl peroxide face wash, Benzoyl peroxi...  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and seen the attached photographs (attachments removed to protect patient identity). According to me, you need both oral as well as topical medication to treat acne. Continue with the face wash but Benzoyl peroxide 10 percent is too st...  Read Full »

Which controls acne effectively, topical application or tablets?

Query: Hi doctor, Currently, I am using Epiduo (Adapalene + Benzoyl peroxide) gel for acne treatment. My doctor advised me to not to use any other beauty product. Because of winter my skin is becoming dry now. So, can I use any cold cream along with Epiduo? If yes, which one can I use? It has controlled a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Microbiologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have noted your complaints. In such a situation, the following strategy works efficiently. Wash your face frequently with plain water. This will not only help the early resolution of pimples but also help hydrate the skin. You might consider using a slightly lesser ...  Read Full »

What are the ways to remove acne scars?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. My weight is 50 kg and my height is 158 cm. I have severe acne scars on face, back, lower back, below the neck and pimples on face. Even after using Benzoyl peroxide there is no change. I have oily skin. I use to get severe menstrual pain up to 3 or 4 days and for which...  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For acne, take a course of tablet Azithromycin 500 mg daily on three consecutive days in a week for four to six weeks and continue with Benzoyl peroxide 2.5 percent gel on the pimples in the morning and Adapalene gel at night on the pimples. As far as scars are concern...  Read Full »

I am struggling with acne. Please suggest a treatment.

Query: Hello doctor,I have been struggling with acne for a while now and have been postponing going to my general physician. I have been very hesitant on what to use and do not ever apply anything apart from a light cleanser on my face. I am not even sure what the term would be for it except the loose ter...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern is acne rosacea and sensitive, acne-prone skin. You should avoid the following: Direct exposure to sunlight between 10 AM and 3 PM. Foods like chocolate and alcohol. Oily and spicy food. Cold items. Getting too emotional. Use Cetaphil DAM moisturizer and...  Read Full »

What treatment will you suggest for recurring acne?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having acne since a week. I used Clindamycin gel but it is not effective. I have attached my photos. My acne goes and comes. Also tell me which face wash, moisturizer and sunscreen to use? Kindly suggest treatment for my acne.  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the attached photographs (attachments removed to protect patient identity). I would recommend you to use Salicylic acid face wash twice daily and apply Benzoyl peroxide 2.5 percent gel twice daily on the affected areas. Along with this take a course ...  Read Full »

Without medicine or gel, how to get a permanent solution for acne?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male. My problem is acne. I am getting red whitehead with pus. I was taking Isotretinoin 20 mg for 1.6 years. When I was on Isotretinoin, I did not get even a single acne. After two weeks of stopping Isotretinoin, I had a sudden breakout. My skin is very oily, and I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, if you have an acne prone skin, then it is impossible to have a clear skin without any topical and oral intervention. Since you have taken more than a year of Isotretinoin 20 mg daily, I would not advise repeating that at the moment. I suggest you Doxy 10...  Read Full »

Please suggest some medicine for pimples on my back?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. I have pimples with some sort of rash and redness on my back. I am having these for more than two months now. When I use anti-fungal powder, they will dry but comes again. They are present only on the back, not anywhere else. I have attached my photos with this. Please...  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity).You are having truncal acne. You should start with tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once daily for three consecutive days in a week for three weeks. Along with this take capsule Isotretinoin...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.