Q. I believe my yellow color skin pigmentation is from eating excess fennel seeds. What to do?

Dr. Alka

A few months ago, I ate lots of fennel seed. Due to which my skin becomes yellow and show extreme pigmentation of yellow color in sunlight.Please suggest me the treatment. Thanks.

Dr. Alka

#

I just read your query. As you have mentioned that you ate a lot of fennel seeds a few months ago, then if it had any side effects, it should be at that time not after so many months.

The yellow colored pigmentation you are currently talking about may be due low hemoglobin or jaundice. For that, you need to get your blood tests done.

For hemoglobin, you can check your Hb, and for jaundice, you can go for a serum bilirubin test. But I advice you to visit a nearby general physician as he will do the clinical examination.

In clinical examination, he would check you and will tell you whether you need these test or not, or maybe there is some other reason behind yellow pigmentation. So, visit a doctor at least once so that a clinical examination is performed and you will come to know about the proper cause.

Once the cause is known, it would be easier for you to take treatment rather than receiving a generalized treatment. Thank you.

After two weeks.

|