Q. I used epilator on my face, which has caused redness. Please help.

Dr. Basti Bharatesh Devendra
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 06, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

Hello Doctor,

Two days ago I used an epilator on my upper lip, it became red and hurts a bit. Then I applied a cream to moisturize it. Today, after shower, I peeled it off. But the redness is still present. What do I do?

#

• You can clean the wound with warm saline water twice daily.
  • You can apply some antibacterial creams like silverex (silver sulfadiazine) or soframycin (framycetin sulphate).
  • It will heal on its own in a week's time, if not infected.

If it does not heal, consult a dermatologist online with a detailed history --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|