Q. My skin in buttocks, elbows, and around the eyes is black and itchy. Please help.

Dr. Deepti Shukla
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 18, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 30, 2021

I have a skin condition where my skin is black and I have itching on my buttocks, hand elbows, and around my eyes.

#

First of all, please mention whether you have two different conditions such as itching and black spots, or suggest whether you have itching on black spots. I need an answer to my question for having a definitive diagnosis. Please mention whether you have black spots or the entire area is black. Please mention whether you have scaling and dryness in these areas. Itchy lesions on buttocks, hands, and elbows indicate psoriasis. Psoriatic lesions present with thick white scaling or dryness. The darkness of the skin can occur due to vitamin B12 deficiency or secondary to any previous skin condition. Kindly send me photos to help you.

You seem to have psoriasis or tinea or B12 deficiency.

You can take tablet Bilastine 10 mg daily at night for ten days. It helps with itching. You need to start taking definitive treatment after confirming the diagnosis.

|