Skin Infections

I developed a rash after getting a massage. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I developed a rash after receiving a massage at a local massage center. What can I do about this?  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you try taking the following: Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent. Zinc oxide and Calamine lotion topically. Tablet Zyrtec (Cetirizine). The Calamine will soothe the area, prevent itching ...  Read Full »

What are the clothing items that are low-key and bad for health?

Query: Hello doctor, What are the clothing items that are low-key bad for your health? A rundown of items of clothing that are actually bad for your health like some shapewear, unsupportive flats, jeans that are too tight, etc.   Read Full »

Dr. Sunil Sekhri

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: HelIo, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will explain about skin-tight clothes like jeans. First they cause excessive sweating which might lead to frequent folliculitis and fungal skin infections. Secondly, if they are very tight and have Lycra in them it can lead to vascular compromise. Thirdly, if the f...  Read Full »

Does chlorine kill fungus?

Query: Hello doctor, I wonder if chlorine levels in a normal swimming pool kill all the microbes. If someone with a fungal infection swims in a pool, won't it spread to others through the water?  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Swimming is considered as a safe recreational activity. But that is not totally true. Chlorination of water is known to kill most of the microorganisms (which include bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites). But there are several factors ...  Read Full »

I have a skin infection on my arm and would like to know the treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a skin infection on my right arm and would like to know what I need to get better.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long has it been there? What are the symptoms in it? And any other family member affected?   Read Full »

Azithromycin to prevent an abscess

Query: Hello doctor, To avoid an abscess, can I take an antibiotic like Azithromycin? If not, please suggest which one I can take?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Azithromycin is not recommended for skin and soft tissue infections. Generally, a combination of Amoxicillin and Clavulanate twice daily is used. However, unless you have a skin infection you should not use it. It is used for a treatment and not for prevention. Regards...  Read Full »

What can be done for skin infection affecting fingers and legs?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is suffering from a kind of skin infection. This infection occured across his fingers and leg. I am attaching photographs for the same.  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can see dry, scaly, red patches. This seems like psoriasis vulgaris rather than skin infection. Psoriasis usually presents as dry, red, well defined, scaly patches on extensors like the elbow,...  Read Full »

Can I take medicine for hives without any side effect?

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting red rashes on my skin when I apply some pressure or when I scratch my skin. They disappear after a few minutes. I consulted a dermatologist, and I am following these medicines. I am taking Allegra 120 mg and Rantac 150 mg. My doctor told me to continue the medication for a w...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have urticaria or hives. These medicines are safe, and they can be continued for a while if the problem persists. Hives can happen in response to a food allergen or food preservative, medications, infections, and alcohol. A large number of urticarias are idiopathic....  Read Full »

I have some kind of skin infection. Please let me know further action from the image.

Query: Hi doctor, I have some skin infection for quite some time now. I have tired a few medicines for the same and I got a laser treatment once. Can you tell me what the issue is based on the images and also the possible treatment that I should undergo?  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have eczematous dermatitis. I suggest you use a potent topical steroid like Tenovate-Gn (Clobetasol propionate and Neomycin) cream or Halovate-F cream (Ulobetasol and Fusidic acid), twice daily. In addition, I suggest you take an oral antihistamine like C...  Read Full »

What is the skin infection present in the inner thigh?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a skin infection in my inner thighs. It burns and itches a lot. Even, the slightest touch triggers the itching. I have been applying Clotrimazole for the past two days. On using it, the itching stops. But again, I have itching after a few hours. I have the infection in my inner th...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have a candida infection in the groin area, called tinea cruris. Use Clotrimazole ointment twice daily for ten days. Take Itraconazole 100 mg orally once daily for ten days. Keep th...  Read Full »

A stitch after a normal delivery has not healed after five months. Is it a fistula?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a normal delivery five months back, but I can still see one stitch, which has not healed properly. The skin is still raw near the vagina. It does not hurt, but only when I pee or when water touches there, it stings. Please help. I do not want to get restitched, as it has been a l...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Do not worry. This is not infected, it is just a skin gap. Nearly everyone will have this much of wound gaping. This is more if the stitch was put very tight, it will cut through. This does not need any resuturing. But you will have to avoid sex ti...  Read Full »