Q. Which clothing is bad for health?

Dr. Sunil Sekhri
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Aug 12, 2019

What are the clothing items that are low-key bad for your health? A rundown of items of clothing that are actually bad for your health like some shapewear, unsupportive flats, jeans that are too tight, etc.

Dr. Sunil Sekhri

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

HelIo,

I will explain about skin-tight clothes like jeans. First they cause excessive sweating which might lead to frequent folliculitis and fungal skin infections. Secondly, if they are very tight and have Lycra in them it can lead to vascular compromise. Thirdly, if the fabric is rough they may abrade the skin.

Shapewear can be harmful if worn for a prolonged period.

Impetigo, an Infectious Disease in Children

Article Overview: Impetigo, one of the most common skin infections among kids usually produces blisters or sores on the face, neck, hands, and diaper area. Read Article

Impetigo is the most common skin infection in children throughout the world. Bacteria mainly enters through break in the skin, which may allow bacteria to invade the skin. After invasion bacteria multiply in deep layers of the skin and leads to blister formation. There are two classic forms of im...  Read Article

How to differentiate between scabies, flea bite, bed bug, and folliculitis?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a general practitioner. I struggle to differentiate these conditions: scabies, flea bite, bed bug and folliculitis. I would really appreciate your clinical knowledge and goodwill in enlightening me about this, so I can provide better care for our patients.  Read Full »

Having some discoloration on the back of the scalp. Could it be folliculitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I shave my head with a razor blade once in a few days as if shaving my face. I have been doing this for seven years now. Four years ago, my doctor noticed that I had a discoloration on the back of my scalp. He said it was nothing to worry about and had probably always been there like a b...  Read Full »