Q. Can I have rashes on my legs and arms due to bed bugs?

Dr. Mohammad Rajja
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

I have rashes for a couple of days and it seems to be itchy. It appeared first on the lower back of my legs. Then, it got spread on my legs and arms. I am not sure whether it is due to allergy or dust mites or bed bugs.

#

You have rashes for a couple of days and it seems to be itchy. You can take tablet Loratidine 10 mg one tablet orally eight hourly for ten days. You can use Calamine lotion (Zinc oxide with Ferric oxide). Apply it below the neck for fifteen days. It has started to spread on your legs and arms. Then, you can take tablet Cefuroxime 500 mg one tablet twelve hourly orally for ten days. It does not seem to be due to allergy or dust mites or bed bugs. Bed bugs are generally active at night time and it can walk through the hairlines. You can take an injection of Dexona (Dexamethasone) one ampule IM (intramuscularly). It will help you a lot.

Do these rashes occur due to bed bugs? If yes, then, I need to change mattresses every day.

#

Benzyl Benzoate lotion (Benzoic acid with Benzyl alcohol) is helpful for bed bugs. You can use it at night time below the neck. Avoid using a foam mattress. It is better to change the mattress every day. You can use phenoyl for cleaning the rooms.

|