Q. I am suffering from chronic rashes for past two months. Kindly advice.

and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jun 29, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 02, 2019

I have had a chronic rash for two months to date. It usually lasts anywhere from one hour to six hours. But it seems to go away mostly. It is worse at night. The rash tends to run mostly along both sides of my torso, my back up to my shoulders, thighs, occasionally arms and calves but rarely. No lotion is helping. I am extremely fatigued, no matter how much I sleep. I tested myself for the ANA Screen, IFA, W/reflux titer, and pattern. I came back to positive. In ANA pattern, nucleolar titer says 1:40. Then had myself tested for DNA (DS) antibody and RNP Antibody but both came back normal.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

Based on your history and attached image (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like chronic urticaria to me.

Now I would like to know,

1. Does the rash disappear on its own?

2. Does it leave any mark?

3. Try to remember that in case any new medication was started at the time the rash appeared first.

4. Any fever?

5. Have you got your blood sugar, thyroid test done?

Revert with the asked details for better help.

Chronic hives but I tested positive for autoimmune disease response. I also have angular cheilitis, sores at corners of the mouth. They never completely go away. After some times it calms down. I have chronic fatigue. Blood pressure has been high when I have tested it. It is more than hives. That much, I do know. My mom has rheumatoid arthritis. The rash usually happens three times a week, at least. Beyond itching and burns. There was never any medication. Bit of fever and night sweats sort of. The thyroid is fine.

#

Chronic urticaria, it looks like. Now yes, autoimmune diseases can also cause urticaria. At this point of time, my recommendations would be to use antihistaminic like tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg once in the night for two weeks. For angular cheilitis, you can take any ZINC containing multivitamin. I hope it helps you. If you have any further query, please ask me.

I am suffering from urticaria for a long time and I am not under treatment. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I am suffering from urticaria for a long time. I did not remember exactly how long but it has been approximately four months since I am suffering from this issue. My father and brother also had suffered from this, but only once or twice, but for me, this is a ...  Read Full »

Are body pain, headache and skin rashes symptoms of dengue?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 10 years old. For the past eight days, she has been suffering from body pain, headache, and some skin irritation. Her doctor said that it is pitta acidity. There is no improvement till date. Last year, during rainy season, she had some face and body irritation problem, whic...  Read Full »

Ask a Rheumatologist Now