Q. I have pus-filled white spots near my left ankle. Please help.

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 01, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 09, 2021

I have a skin rash near my left ankle area. It is 5 cm long and 3 cm wide. The skin is very rough and dry. The area is very painful, and I am even unable to touch it. I also have a few white spots, which are filled with pus in the area. I am a 43 years old female, and I have no medical history.

#

Do you have any history of trauma or diabetes? You should try antibiotics for this. I suggest you try taking the following: Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

1. Capsule Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) 625 mg three times a day.
  2. Antacids like tablet Pan DSR (Pantoprazole and Domperidone) 40 mg before breakfast once a day.
  3. Apply ointment Mupirocin twice a day.
  4. For pain, try tablet Ibuprofen 400 mg whenever needed up to three times a day.
  • This should resolve in a week. However, it is better if you get this examined and pus drained if large collection appears on examination from a local doctor. Also, sugar needs to be tested, complete hemogram with CBC (complete blood count), and renal function test.

Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thank you doctor,

I got my blood sugar and other tests done. I am attaching my lab report. I have started the medication as suggested. Kindly let me know the status after going through these reports.

#

I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Your hemoglobin is low and probably it is due to iron deficiency. So, I suggest taking regular iron supplements like tablet Fericip XT (Iron and Folic acid), once a day after lunch. Also, have increased green leafy vegetables, dates, and other iron-rich foods.
  • Also, lipid profile is mildly deranged, so you need to follow a healthy lifestyle as follows:
  1. Avoid fatty, oily and high-calorie diet.
  2. Regular exercises like brisk walking and jogging, according to your capacity for at least 30 minutes a day and five days a week.
  • Repeat lipid profile after three months. Get your blood pressure checked once. Other reports are fine.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|