Q. Kindly suggest medicine for burning and itching skin rashes in private area.

Dr. Megha Kakani

I am facing skin rashes in private spaces for three days and it is very itching and burning situation. Kindly advise me medicine. I am staying abroad for a project.

#

Itching over the private area has multiple causes. The most common cause is a fungal infection which presents as red annular patches which keep on increasing or as redness with itching and burning with whitish deposition over the glans and foreskin.

The second most common cause is scabies which presents as red itchy bumps over the penis and scrotum. If you would have shared the picture, then it might have helped me to correctly diagnose the problem. Anyway, for now, I will prescribe you medicines for both.

Fungal or mite infection.

? Tinea cruris. ? Candidiasis. ? Scabies.

Tablet Levocet (Levocetirizine) 10 mg one tablet in the morning and one at night. Capsule Itraconazole 100 mg one in the morning and one at night. Luliconazole cream apply at night over the rashes. Clotrimazole cream apply in the morning. Tablet Ivermectin 12 mg one tablet once a week for two weeks. 5% Permethrin cream apply all over body except face from neck to toe at night and wash in the morning. Complete one cream in one application. Apply once a week for two weeks.

After one month.

|