Q. My wife is suffering from an irritating and itchy skin rash. What could it be?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jul 29, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 21, 2019

My wife has this rash for about two weeks. I have meant to ask someone to reassure her it is nothing serious. What kind of rash is this? It does not hurt her, but the skin is irritated, sensitive, and itchy. It is located around the groin but does not go further inside the vagina or near the anus. She believes it is a fungal infection, but how true is that?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have seen the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and would like to confirm that this is a particular fungal infection with normal whitish flaky skin over a localized region and scaling present along with the classical sign of itching present. This can be controlled by the application of an antifungal cream or ointment like ointment Luliconazole 1 % twice a day for seven days and also oral intake of tablet Itraconazole 200 mg once a day for five days.

Avoid local moisture development and keep the area dry and airy. Avoid any frictional injury due to tight clothes, and it would worsen the itch and sensitivity. You may in the meantime use an antifungal Clotrimazole 1 % dusting powder locally to restrict the spread till medications are procured.

I have pain in the penis after frequent sex. Please suggest medications.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I am married since six years. I went abroad for a project for two months. There were no sexual relations in these two months. I just came back from the project and am having sex twice a day for the past three days. Now, I have a slight pain in the tip and ba...  Read Full >>

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can apply Acyclovir cream and Clotrimazole cream both together, thrice a day, until completely free of the problem and four to five days after that, use condoms. For further queries consult a sexologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/sexolo...  Read Full

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full >>

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome in icliniq.com.I would like to tell you that fungal infection in ear is quite common and it may be treated by: Cleaning the ear: Cleaning may be done by suction or syringing or by cotton swab. Antifungal ear drops to be used three or four times a day. Anti-inflammatory medicine to reliev...  Read Full

Can fungal infection cause low grade fever?

Query: Hi doctor, For around nine weeks now, I have had a low grade fever and that persists. Also, I feel a little upper throat fullness and mild sinus congestion. I have been in and out of primary care clinics many times looking for help.  I had two chest x-rays and they were clear. I also had blood test...  Read Full >>

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a chronic fever, which is called as pyrexia of unknown origin when we are unable to ascertain a cause. As your blood tests and x-ray are normal, lung infection is ruled out. Conditions causing chronic fever are numerous. Also, certain infections like tuber...  Read Full