Q. Please suggest some permanent cure for recurrent reddish spots on the back of my leg.

Dr. V Srikanth Reddy
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 28, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 03, 2021

I have some reddish spots particularly in the back of my leg, which is growing, itching, and spreading on my skin. If I apply Candid B solution regularly, it gets reduced and disappears. However, if I stop using this solution, it starts growing back. What is this? Please suggest some permanent solution for this.

#

• I need to know some history before giving an appropriate diagnosis.
  1. Did you have a fever before this rash?
  2. Do you have a sore throat?
  3. Is it only on one leg or both the legs?
  4. Any burning while micturition?
  5. Any history of joint or abdominal pain? 
  6. Are the lesions blanchable?
  • Investigations to be done:
  1. CBP (complete blood picture).
  2. ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate).
  3. ASO (antistreptolysin) titers.
  4. CUE (complete urine examination).
  • I suggest using Eumosone (Clobetasone) cream for local application, twice daily for two weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start using the medicine after their consent.
  • Take bed rest for two days, and elevate your legs above the head level by keeping a pillow under the legs while sleeping.

Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Thanks for replying. I do not have any rash, fever, sore throat, burning on micturition, blanchable lesion, and abdominal pain. Is it only on one leg and near to abdomen, which looks like a ringworm. I am also attaching a photo of the lesion.

#

• Try using the suggested medicines and do the mentioned tests after consulting your doctor.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|