Q. What could be the reason for sudden red patches on my baby's skin?

Dr. Sirisha
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 23, 2020

There are sudden red patches on the skin of my 5 months old baby. He had mild fever the previous day and loose motions before that. There is no other noticeable symptom. Crocin and Atarax drops have been given. Same thing happened two days ago and the almost entire upper body had turned red. Currently, I am giving regular Bonnisan and Vitamin D3 drops.

#

Hello.

• The problem seems to be like either a viral infection or allergy.
  • If fever has subsided, then mostly it is an allergy. If fever is still persistent, then it is infection related rash.
  • You can continue Crocin (Paracetamol) for fever and Atarax (Hydroxyzine) for rash. Also, discuss with your pediatrician and use Calosoft lotion (Calamine and Aloe vera) all over the skin.
  • If fever is not coming down in three to four days, then can go for blood tests.

Viral infection or allergic reaction.

Complete blood profile and C-reactive protein.

1. Crocin drops.
2. Atarax drops.

Revert back after three days to a paediatrician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|