Q. What is the treatment for redness and itching after bug bite?

Dr. Syed Shakeel Akthar
Published on Mar 08, 2019

Last month I was bitten by some bed bugs. After pest control, they have been eradicated from the house. But my skin is very itchy and there are white and red spots on the full body. Can you suggest me some medicine or ointment, so the redness and itchiness fades?

Dr. Syed Shakeel Akthar

Dermatology Venereology
#

This type of rash is seen not because of bed bugs but maybe you are allergic to something coming in contact. It may be so many things like your clothes, bedding or plants or some food items. For now, apply Hydrocortisone cream at day time and calamine lotion at night along with D-Loratin (Desloratadine) 5 mg once daily before sleep (if pregnant or lactating, avoid tablets). I am not sure about your age and sex as this information is not available.

Urticaria.

Desloratadine 5 mg once at night, Hydrocortisone cream 1 % once in morning and Calamine lotion at night.

Please suggest a cure for my skin rashes based on the report.

Query: Hi doctor, I have rashes similar to the rash of SLE, swollen, painful and redness around the eyes, severe fatigue and muscle weakness. These symptoms occurred a few months back after I had an intestinal infection. The doctors suspected it to be dermatolysis too, thus having a skin biopsy done tomorr...  Read Full »

My allergy does not subside with 10 mg Cetirizine. Should I take 20 mg?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking 10 mg Singulair and 10 mg Cetirizine for five years for allergies, asthma, and Lyme. I just got two more kittens, and the medicines do not work anymore. I am miserable and desperate. I asked my doctor to give me 20 mg of Cetirizine and something else because I think ...  Read Full »

Why are my armpits gray, itchy and scabby?

Query: Hi doctor, My armpits are gray, itchy, and scabby. It involves my entire armpit, and it extends down to my side boob and around my shoulders. I do not know the reason for having it. I also had the same problem last year too. I always have a lot of sweating.  Read Full »