Q. How to tighten my double chin and sagging jawline?

Dr. Jain Vicky Ghewarchand

I am 26 years old. I was looking for a professional opinion on treatments to remove a double chin and saggy area around the jawline and if possible some type of restoration to the cheek area.

I have sent some pictures. The first five pictures are recent the other two are taken before few years. I am a smoker for eight years. Could this have contributed to the cause? Of note, I weigh about the same weight as I do before a year. Over the past year, I have lost 25 pounds (current weight is 170 lbs) due to exercise and diet, yet double chin persists. Is sagging around the jaw due to loss of skin quality or would more weight loss solve the problem?

#

I have seen your pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

On the detailed analysis of your face, it seems you have a bit of prominence of the jowls. There is no double chin. It seems to be entirely normal but if it worries you, you can go ahead with botox for muscle hypertrophy or thread lift. I would like you to get examined clinically and judge what is required?

Aren't I too young to have jowls? I am only 26. Yes, it is just the rounding at the bottom of the face that bothers me. So losing weight will not fix the problem?

#

Post weight loss there is skin laxity. In the latest picture, I see there is skin laxity or masseter hypertrophy and I cannot accurately diagnose because of the beard. You need to clench your teeth and see for muscle hypertrophy.

If there is skin laxity we can do thread lift and if masseter hypertrophy botox injections might be required. Losing weight will worsen skin laxity.

|