Q. How to tighten my double chin and sagging jawline?

Dr. Vicky Jain

I am 26 years old. I was looking for a professional opinion on treatments to remove a double chin and saggy area around the jawline and if possible some type of restoration to the cheek area.

I have sent some pictures. The first five pictures are recent the other two are taken before few years. I am a smoker for eight years. Could this have contributed to the cause? Of note, I weigh about the same weight as I do before a year. Over the past year, I have lost 25 pounds (current weight is 170 lbs) due to exercise and diet, yet double chin persists. Is sagging around the jaw due to loss of skin quality or would more weight loss solve the problem?

#

I have seen your pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

On the detailed analysis of your face, it seems you have a bit of prominence of the jowls. There is no double chin. It seems to be entirely normal but if it worries you, you can go ahead with botox for muscle hypertrophy or thread lift. I would like you to get examined clinically and judge what is required?

Aren't I too young to have jowls? I am only 26. Yes, it is just the rounding at the bottom of the face that bothers me. So losing weight will not fix the problem?

#

Post weight loss there is skin laxity. In the latest picture, I see there is skin laxity or masseter hypertrophy and I cannot accurately diagnose because of the beard. You need to clench your teeth and see for muscle hypertrophy.

If there is skin laxity we can do thread lift and if masseter hypertrophy botox injections might be required. Losing weight will worsen skin laxity.

| 

Why are my skin holes getting bigger after fat loss therapy?

Query: Hi doctor, After fat loss therapy, my skin holes are getting bigger. Also, I am losing my skin color now. I would like to know whether the machine is stuck to the body. What is the reason for this problem?  Read Full »

How to get rid of excessive sweat in hands and legs?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I have too much sweat in hand and legs. I tried medicine but there is no effect. Please tell me how to get rid of it?  Read Full »

Is surgery advisable for abductor spasmodic dysphonia?

Query: Hello doctor, I suffer from abductor spasmodic dysphonia diagnosed nearly 11 years ago and I have received Botox injections every three to four months since then. Generally, they did work over the years until the last two years or so outcomes have been very poor. The last Botox shots by GA (six un...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Plastic Surgeon Now