Q. I have saggy skin and visible pores around my cheeks. How can I get rid of it?

Dr. Shaunak Patel
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I am 26 years and 8 months old, healthy male. I have attached a picture. My concern is I have a bit thin and softer skin only on the face since my childhood, but it is always all toned and nice and fresh. Still, for the last few months, I have noticed that my cheeks around the nose are getting kind of minor sagging or niggling feeling like the skin is leaving something attached from inside. These problems are more visible when I wake up. I am also noticing some minor pores look-alike on the cheeks around the nose (especially on the left cheek), but when I stretch the skin a bit, the pores go invisible. I have no wrinkles yet, and no other problems.

I went to a doctor, and he prescribed me Glyco-A 12% for two hours a day (I have been using it for the last 25 days), Ahaglow facewash, and Radant-I cream for under eye care, then I also consulted online doctors added Ceramides (Rebask) cream with it. Doctor do I need to stick with it, or I need to replace Glyco-A 12% or increase the percentage of Glyco-A, or I need to add some more creams like Retinol, vitamin C cream, etc., along with these?

I want to thicken my skin and want to tighten skin more, improve all that went wrong, and prevent early sagging in the future, as I am concerned that it might fade prematurely.

Kindly suggest me some prescription based cream or whatever will act great if there is any supplement for a short period with no side effects on the body but can effectively be suitable for facial skin.

Please suggest me the name, the procedure of medicines, and how long should I use it. Also, let me know when I can consult you next to report my improvement.

I will be grateful to you.

#

You are suffering from an oily skin. You need Spongy-Sal (Salicylic acid) facewash. Apply to the face and do not rub too much. Enlarged pores are the result of increased oil secretion. Use Sebonac gel (Salicylic acid) at night over cheek area pores. Drink more water (four to five liters per day). This is the home remedy. The clinic-based approach would be based on pore tightening, requiring five to six sittings and some chemical peeling.

Regarding the sagging of skin, I can see a clear loss of tissue and volume loss beneath your eyes, which is normal aging; as we age, our fat compartments of the face reduce, causing the overlying skin to hang down. I advise you to undergo an undereye or cheekbone augmentation filler to fill the gap. It is a superb alternative with instant effects and long term safety.

Thank you, doctor, for your reply.

Is it natural for the age of 27 years? I use moisturizers, and that is why it shows oily otherwise, my face is not that much oily.

Suggest any cream for skin thickening and tightening. Is it fine to use Ceramide, or can I go for Retinol or Gylco-A?

#

Yes, it is normal for your age. I have had people walking at 22 to 23 years of age with the undereye problem. Retinol based cream is good, but it will not help the pores unless oiliness is reduced. Therefore the facewash and the cream will help you. Maybe in the later phase, I can tell you about after three weeks of treatment. Follow-up is essential to be in touch. Take care and be regular with follow-up.

|