Skin Sensitivity

What is the better sunscreen gel or lotion for sensitive skin?

Query: Hello doctor, I am using Kojivit plus gel as a face cream at night. Can you please suggest me a better sunscreen gel or lotion for sensitive skin?  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your skin is very sensitive, I suggest you use Himalaya herbals protective sunscreen lotion. It can be applied for half an hour before going outside. Use it always before going outside, whether it is a sunny or shady day. Because even in shady days, the ultraviole...  Read Full »

Is it normal for the penis head to become red after PPP removal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. Six months ago, I had PPP removal from my penis head (uncircumcised) with CO2 laser. Two months ago, my penis head started to become red and now, almost half of my penis head is red in color. I noticed that there is a lot of dryness. Though I do not have PPP, sometimes,...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Penile pearly papule is just a normal variant. It is not a disease, so no treatment is required for it. But, you got it removed by CO2 laser. Penis skin is very sensitive area and CO2 laser always gives redness of skin. Not only penile area, but even in the normal skin ...  Read Full »

I am suffering from urticaria for a long time and I am not under treatment. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I am suffering from urticaria for a long time. I did not remember exactly how long but it has been approximately four months since I am suffering from this issue. My father and brother also had suffered from this, but only once or twice, but for me, this is a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Morampudi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have new-onset urticaria. Since it has gone on for longer than six weeks, it is now considered chronic urticaria. It is a common condition. Most people will experience at least one episode of urticaria during their lifetimes. There are many causes of urticaria s...  Read Full »

Why has my skin become sensitive without any visible symptom?

Query: Hello doctor,A part of my skin has become extremely sensitive for no apparent reason. The skin does not look different at all, and it seems to literally be the skin and nothing deeper or muscular. It is an area roughly 10 cm by 10 cm (~5”) on the front of my upper right thigh, the bottom of the ar...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Shakeel Akthar

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please provide a clear photograph for better understanding. With the description given it can be frictional dermatitis or tinea if it is itching. If there is no itching and only burning sensation, avoid friction of both legs by wearing suitable clothes and apply some...  Read Full »

Why do my legs itch every time I exercise on the treadmill?

Query: Hi doctor, Every time I exercise on the treadmill, my legs are blushing and itching. So, that is stopping me from exercising. What is wrong and what can I do to prevent this?  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you not to worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

I experience extreme sensitivity in my clitoris. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing extreme sensitivity in my clitoris. Just my pants/underwear touching it is bothering me right now. I would not describe this as an itch, it is just sensitive. Also, it may appear that it is swollen, and when I pinch it I feel a ball inside of it. Perhaps it was alwa...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would be better if you could send me a picture of the lesion. It could be some pelvic infection or a sign of a sexually transmitted infection or local inflammation such as abscess as you feel some ball appearance. Temporarily sit in warm water to relieve pain. ...  Read Full »

My feet and wrist are very sensitive to touch. Kindly help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 41 year old male with height 5 feet10 and weight 84 kg. I am having a health situation for the last two years where the top of my feet (the area covered under the shoe) gets very sensitive to touch. Even a touch of the cotton pajama feels irritating. My left hand (below where w...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhin Mohan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your uric acid is slightly increased. So, avoid red meat and recheck uric acid after three months. Most of your symptoms point to a neuropathy. So, you need to get a nerve conduction ...  Read Full »

How can I protect myself from sunlight?

Query: Hi doctor, Two years back during my holidays, I developed a large rash over the whole of my legs. It was described as petechiae when I got back to my native. The infection had got into my blood stream and my white blood cell count was extremely high. It took some time for it to return to normal. I a...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problem quoted by you as a petechia with blood stream infection and increased white blood cell count is broad in the sense it can include, Sepsis due to bacterial infection.  Viral hemorrhagic fever. Parasitic infections. Whatever might be the cause; infections are...  Read Full »