Q. I am having skin tags in underarms and neck. Please help.

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jun 20, 2019

I am 34 years male. I have skin tags in underarms and neck. I have a skin tag in the shaft of the penis for the past four months. I consulted a doctor here in my town, and they said it is a skin tag. I want to re confirm it again. Please help.

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

Please send a clear picture of the affected lesions for better evaluation and guidance.

Please see the attached files.

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

#

It appears to be a tag in this picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Nothing is usually done for tax, and however, for the cosmetic reason, you may opt to get it removed by cautery by your dermatologist. Keep a check on your body weight as being overweight increases the chances of having skin tags. However, please note, then the picture should be focused and should not blur on the zooming.

Article Overview: This article discusses a few tips to manage and protect your skin during winter. Read Article

Dr. Anagha Kumar

Skin, the largest and the most attractive organ of our body faces a lot of challenges during winters. Cold, dry winters tend to steal the moisture from your skin making it appear flaky, dry and dull. There are also a few diseases like psoriasis and atopic dermatitis that have an increased incidence ...  Read Article

Baby Skin Care

Article Overview: This article focuses on the products that should be used for baby skin. Read Article

In today’s scenario, there are lots of child skincare products, which confuse us. Parents should buy those products that are marketed by branded companies and have been in the market for a long duration of time. Bathing or Cleaning Your Baby Bathing is usually required for maintaining proper...  Read Article

I have a skin tag near the anus and it is painful to excrete. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have recently got a skin tag near the anus. It is painful to excrete. There is a pain the whole day and there were even blood stains once. I am really scared and embarrassed too. Excretion has become a scary thing for me now. Please tell me how to solve this problem.  Read Full >>

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it could either be an acrochordon (skin tag) or a filiform wart. It can be confirmed only after examining. For skin tags, no creams or tablet will help resolve the issue because a skin tag is an extension of the normal skin. The treatment opt...  Read Full