Q. I am worried about my skin tags without any itching or pain to be an HPV infection. Kindly help.

Dr. Reetika Joshi

I noticed a skin tag, and I am not sure of what it is. The skin tag is not itchy or painful, but they are raised. I do not take any medications for this. I am scared about an HPV infection.

Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern, and I will surely help you.

I have seen all the images shared by you (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). It does not look like genital warts. As you are not experiencing itchiness and burning sensation, I guess it to be a razor burn.

I would recommend the following for quick healing;

1) Kindly apply Surfaz-SN cream (Beclometasone, Neomycin, Clotrimazole) locally.

2) Keep the area clean and dry.

3) Wear loose cotton underwear.

Thank you for the reply.

If it is genital warts, will it start spreading?

Thanks.

#

Since you do not have itching, burning, or increased vaginal discharge and the images you shared do not make it look like genital warts.

However, to reduce the spread, I would recommend the following;

1) Kindly maintain excellent hygiene, wash your hands if you touch the genital area, and do not scratch the area.

2) Kindly keep the area dry; you may use a room heater or hair dryer to keep the area dry.

3) Avoid intercourse and use a latex condom whenever doing intercourse.

|