Skin Ulceration

What is the painless pea sized lump in groin area?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a pea sized lump between my right buttock and thigh (groin area) that I just noticed a few weeks ago after accidentally shaving over it. It is not painful, but a little sore like a scrape would be. It appears to be solid in the middle and darker, but has almost an inner tube l...  Read Full »

Dr. Hari Hara Sudhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.What your photo shows is a skin ulcer (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are many reasons for skin ulceration in the groin area. We have to rule out sexually transmitted diseases first of all. I would like to know if you are sexually active, whether you...  Read Full »

Why am I having skin problem on my stomach for the past two months?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had this on my stomach for about two months now. I am wondering what it is.  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send the picture of the lesion to make the diagnosis. Are there any GI (gastrointestinal) complaints in the form of altered bowel movement or constipation or diarrhea. Is there any fever or weight loss? How is the appetite?  Read Full »

Is it safe to use honey on a diabetic foot ulcer?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a diabetic foot ulcer that is taking forever to heal. Yes, I am seeing a podiatrist and following my foot care to his instructions. My question is;Is using 'honey' on the ulcer alright to use and will it work? I did a lot of research and all of them report a quicker healing. Res...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you have a diabetic foot. Yes, there are honey dressing materials available in hospitals for quicker healing of DM foot. The antibacterial properties of honey it seems are beneficial. Hope you fin...  Read Full »

I have a small bump under the shaft of penis. Is that genital herpes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old. My height is 6'1" and weight 163 lbs. I have a small bump under the shaft of my penis. It looks like that it could be from masturbation, but I am not sure. There is no itching or burning. It is not an open sore either. I recently had protected oral sex with a sex worker...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears to be a wart (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As you have a history of HPV (human papilloma virus) in the past, the wart should be the first concern. HPV depending on the strain cause both genital and non-genital warts. They are not painfu...  Read Full »