I am not feeling well mentally. My sleep cycle changed last week and I am not able to concentrate on my studies. Sometimes I feel very happy and I do not know why suddenly I feel sad and start behaving like anything.
I have read your query and understand your concern.
I can understand your situation. You may have major depressive disorder due to underlying stress. There is non-pharmacological management for depression, you should try to follow the below guidelines to deal with it. It will help you.
1. You should do exercises daily for 30 to 45 minutes like at least going for a walk.
2. You should do meditation for 20 minutes daily, just sit in one place in a comfortable position and try to concentrate on your normal breathing, do not stop or force yourself to stop your thoughts, just let it be. It will relax you and increase concentration.
3. You should eat healthy home-cooked foods, and avoid junk foods.
4. You must drink enough water.
5. You should spend quality time with friends and family daily or do video calls if you are leaving away from your family.
6. You should spend time on creative hobbies like reading good books, writing journals, painting, drawing, and learning new skills or language or musical instruments.
7. You should take enough 7 to 8 hours of sleep daily.
8. You must avoid tobacco or alcohol or any substance abuse.
Live your life. Be bold and confident. If you still have symptoms that persist after following the advice for 4 to 6 weeks, then you need to start medications for a short duration. I hope that you get your answer. Please, let me know if you want more help.
Investigations to be done:
1. CBC (complete blood count).
2. RBS (random blood sugar).
3. Thyroid profile.
4. Vitamin D3.
5. Vitamin B12.
Was this answer helpful?
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. through your post and laboratory tests (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). I did not find anything suggestive of lupus (autoimmune disease). It looks like IgA (immunoglobulin A) nephropathy, which could be the reason for hematuria Read full
For the mental health of the students to be healthy, it is necessary for the students to stay in a green environment ... There are many organizations where youngsters can participate in improving Read full
Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.