Q. I am unable to sleep every day for 3 to 4 months. Please suggest an effective treatment.

Dr. Sanya Dhingra
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 28, 2020 and last reviewed on: Dec 30, 2020

I am a 21-year-old male. I survive every day with a sleep of three to four hours. I do a lot of labor work and so I get tired. But I cannot go to the bed before three o clock and I get up at seven o clock for doing my work. I have this problem for three to four months.

#

I understand your concern. Excessive tiredness and stress can cause sleep problems and your body gets adapted to working at that time. I want you to practice these simple measures which will help you fall asleep. Do not spend time on the screen for one to two hours before going to bed. Do not consume any caffeinated drinks before going to sleep. Try to sleep with your lights turned off and it makes your body and mind relax and think that it is night time. Take a warm water bath before sleeping. Have a small cup of warm milk thirty minutes before going to sleep. Avoid having anxiety or any stressful situation before bedtime. Avoid listening to songs too. Kindly follow these instructions for two weeks. Allow your body to follow these measures.

| 

What causes symptoms like anger, aggression, and sleep disturbances?

Query: Im not currently on medication. Im 23 and i have some problems. Symptoms include, not being able to sleep, sleeping too much. Anger, agression lash outs that last less than a couple minutes. Locking my mind away and or dazing out and not remembering whats being said to me. Pushing people away be...  Read Full »

Can stress inhibit brain development in children?

Query: Hi doctor, I read that great stress will cause brain development inhibition in children. Can this be caught up through something? Is this permanent?  Read Full »

Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)

Article Overview: A 35-year-old woman came to me with a chief complaint of muscle tension. She stated that she has experienced a considerable amount of muscle tension her entire life, but it has become increasingly worse over the last 12 months. Read Article

The above mentioned patient is suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). GAD can be defined as anxiety and worry about several events and activities for a majority of the day. The anxiety and worry of GAD differs from normal anxiety by its excessiveness, the difficu...  Read Article

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»