Q. Why do a lot of thoughts prevent me from falling asleep?

Answered by Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Sleep Disturbances or Negative Thoughts? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I cannot sleep early at night and cannot wake up early in the morning. I normally sleep at around 2 AM and wake up at 10 AM in the morning. I am also very tensed when I try to sleep, lots of thoughts come to my mind regarding my life, my past, and my future. I think unnecessary things. I also watch TV and use my mobile before sleeping sometimes, but even if I do not use them, I cannot sleep early. Please suggest any exercise or some other method to solve this problem. I do not want to take any medicines.