Q. What are the ways in which technology is changing the way we sleep?

Dr. Chandra Shekhar
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 12, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 14, 2019

How is technology changing the way we sleep? How are people sleeping better and/or more aware of their sleep patterns, thanks to technological advancements and trends?

Dr. Chandra Shekhar

Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

Sleep is a very complicated process and it is a way of healing and relaxing the body. Four steps are there for the sleep process to complete. Every person has their own patterns but largely we can say good sleeping habits change life patterns.

A normal individual should sleep 8 to 9 hours with different posture change. Obese should prefer right and the left lateral position as oxygenation improve which is compromised in supine sleep. BIPAP and CPAP are the machines which are the treatment if sleep apnea and also snoring patient, the patient only has to out nasal mask and they can sleep well with improved oxygenation and also enhance quality and standards of life.

During sleep, there is a good temperature for body but this is according to age. Music and light also affect but it differs person to person.

|