Sleeping Problem

What causes headaches, left eye strain, green stools, and trouble sleeping?

Query: Good day Doc! I've been having weird symptoms lately and I'm not sure what to do. I noticed that i've been having occasional headaches (mainly on the left side of my head, right on the top and sometimes on my forehead) in the last two weeks, my left eye has also felt pain along with it, but sometim...  Read Full »

Dr. Manisha

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi , Welcome to icliniq. The way you have described your routine activities and work hours, it seems that you have been having Migraine headaches. The most common causes for the onset of these headaches are stress and lack of adequate sleep and both these factors are present in your case. For this ...  Read Full »

Why do I feel irritated and tired even after sleeping for 13 to 14 hours a day?

Query: I used to sleep for 13-14hrs a day and after that still i face tired and irritability whole day. Is there any health issue? Please help me! This problem is since 20 days. And she always feel irritated and tired whole day. Sometimes she also suffer from fever.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq There can be various reasons for your oversleep. Most common is like you are following same routine of sleep for more then a week so it’s possible you body is adopted to this habit only. Normally we feel tired after waking up it doesn’t matter weather you sleep ...  Read Full »

Can Propecia cause trouble sleeping?

Query: Hi! I'm having trouble sleeping for quite some time now. I don't fall asleep fast, I haven't really felt good even after sleeping, instead i feel quite tired as I keep waking up several times in the middle of the night. I am taking Propecia for my hair problems, could it be an effect of that medicin...  Read Full »

Dr. Peter Grutas

Answer: Hello! thank you for reaching out how long have you been taking propecia? one of the adverse effect of propecia includes sleep behaviour changes such as insomnia. Other cognitive effects include difficulty in maintaining attention, emotional sensitivity, depressed effect and anxiety that may lead ...  Read Full »

I am having difficulty in sleeping after taking Levetiracetam. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Since after the holidays last year, I have had a hard time sleeping due to some external factors (light, noise, etc) as well as marital problems. Eventually, it got to the point where my hands started shaking again, I stated feeling numbness in my feet, my eyes move very fast sometim...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some details of your symptoms: 1. Since when you started to have epilepsy? 2. When you started to take anti-epileptic medicines? 3. Seizure details: What what happens during a seizure to you? Do you get aware of seizure just before it starts? ...  Read Full »

Please suggest food habits to sleep well.

Query: Hi doctor, I work from 3 PM to 1 AM and cannot sleep once I am back. My food habits are also messed up. As I cannot sleep properly, I get up late. Hence, I am missing my breakfast and having heavy brunch. Some days, I even miss lunch and have dinner around 7 PM. I have also started putting weight un...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not just because of your food habits that your sleep-wake cycle is disturbed. Your whole work schedule is rather disturbing your sleep. You need to regularize your activities and follow sleep hygiene along with your circadian rhythm. Regarding your food cycle, fi...  Read Full »

How to get rid of sleep disorder?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 46 year old male. My weight is 74 kg and I am having an excellent physical shape. I think I have some sleep issue. I did not get proper sleep for any days and hence, I feel tired and irritable at times. I am very active professionally and leading very engaging life. I am not suffe...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. There are many causes for inability to sleep properly. Many times, it is only psychological. Due to anxiety or stress sometimes person finds it difficult to sleep. Some of the medical conditions can ...  Read Full »

How worrying is trouble sleeping with possible sleep apnea in a 2-year-old kid?

Query: Hi doctor, My 2-year-old son is having a lot of trouble sleeping. He snores every night and tosses and turns and has trouble breathing through his nose. His doctor says he has enlarged tonsils and adenoids. I think he has obstructed sleep apnea because I hear him gasping for air sometimes. We did...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If symptoms are too severe we can go for tonsil and adenoid surgery now also. Flonase is a steroid and it does not affect growth as it will be administered inside the nostril and will have the action only there. There will not be any systemic or bloodstream absorption. Ho...  Read Full »

How to deal with my behavior change and mood swings due to major sleeping problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I have major sleeping problems where I do not get sleep at night sometimes until late or sometimes at all. I also have a lot of mood swings where I am really happy at times and the next second my mood switches. I feel very confused about my behavior and in general, I do not like interact...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am so sorry to hear about your situation, I can imagine how hard it must be for you. With the little information that I have, I think your sleep issues are just an external expression of underlying anxiety. It is the fear that is keeping you awake so to help you with y...  Read Full »

What are the causes of cold intolerance and fatigue?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I am suffering from a poor quality of sleep. My body feels heavy as it resists movement and I am slothful. My sensitivity to cold is very high as I avoid bath sometimes. During daytime, fatigue and sleepiness follow me and later in the evening I feel too tired that I w...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. All the symptoms that you have mentioned are indicating that you might have been suffering from hypothyroidism. Sensitivity to cold, poor sleep, fatigue, poor concentration can be symptoms of hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism can be known by a sim...  Read Full »

I have a doubt about the dosage of Sulpitac for schizophrenia. Please help.

Query: Hello Doctor, My brother (aged 18 years) has schizophrenia since two years. (Note : My father has schizophrenia who is under medication for nearly 25 to 30 years). The tablets prescribed by the doctor were Mirtaz 15 and Sulpitac 50. During this period he had an increased appetite and was obese. He ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query at icliniq. After going through the detailed history of your brother, it seems that he is suffering from schizophrenia and he responds fairly to Sulpitac. It is also obvious that he had acute exacerbation of his illness after going through some sort of stressor (e...  Read Full »