Sleeping Problem

What are the causes of cold intolerance and fatigue?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I am suffering from a poor quality of sleep. My body feels heavy as it resists movement and I am slothful. My sensitivity to cold is very high as I avoid bath sometimes. During daytime, fatigue and sleepiness follow me and later in the evening I feel too tired that I w...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. All the symptoms that you have mentioned are indicating that you might have been suffering from hypothyroidism. Sensitivity to cold, poor sleep, fatigue, poor concentration can be symptoms of hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism can be known by a sim...  Read Full »

I have a doubt about the dosage of Sulpitac for schizophrenia. Please help.

Query: Hello Doctor, My brother (aged 18 years) has schizophrenia since two years. (Note : My father has schizophrenia who is under medication for nearly 25 to 30 years). The tablets prescribed by the doctor were Mirtaz 15 and Sulpitac 50. During this period he had an increased appetite and was obese. He ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query at icliniq. After going through the detailed history of your brother, it seems that he is suffering from schizophrenia and he responds fairly to Sulpitac. It is also obvious that he had acute exacerbation of his illness after going through some sort of stressor (e...  Read Full »

What is tablet Zapiz used for?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 39 years old married man, my problem is I do not get proper sleep in the night and due to this, my whole day is not good. While sleeping I get dreams as if I am awake the entire night, and when I get up in the morning, I feel that I have not slept the entire night. I have body ac...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For a sound sleep, you need to make a strict sleep schedule, which includes fixed time to get into bed and fixed time for waking up in the morning. Besides this include the following: Add regular workout in your routine. Healthy eating and drinking habits are also nec...  Read Full »

I am suffering from depression and I need help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from depression. I overthink, overeat, I do not have a proper sleep at night, and I cannot wake up in the morning. And always get late to work, I cannot concentrate in meetings and even in movies. I tend to sleep and feel sleepy throughout the day, I have no interest in w...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you are right in saying that you seem to be suffering from depression. It is a mood disorder causing a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest. The persistent sadness or loss of interest that characterizes major depression can lead to a range of emoti...  Read Full »

Why do I wake up tired and with a headache every day?

Query: Hi, I sleep at 10 PM at night and get up at 7 AM. I am getting adequate sleep. But for the last few days, I wake up very tired in the morning and this is causing me to sleep in office. Please give me advice regarding this.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting a query at icliniq. The problem you described can be caused by multiple factors. One of them is subclinical viral infection that wisely affects during change of season. This is generally also associated with generalized myalgia, easy fatigability and decreased interest in work...  Read Full »

I am unable to sleep without Alprazolam. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am taking Alprazolam 3mg since 5 years. I am also taking Carbamazepine 30mg since 3 years. Now I am unable to sleep without the medicine. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have been taking such a high dose of tablet Alprazolam 3mg since 5 years (long duration) and now you are dependent on it. My treatment plan is to shift you to tablet Valium, a long acting benzodiazepine (in place of Alprazolam) and then gradually taper of...  Read Full »

Can Quetiapine tablet be crushed?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been on 200 mg Quetiapine IR for some time. Finding it after years of medication tweaking to truly keep my bipolar II symptoms in check, with no significant side effects. I ran out while traveling abroad. Though I have no means of obtaining a new prescription, I do have plenty ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me enlighten you with the concept of IR and XR medication. IR medications mean immediate release; once you take the drug, its effects come in minutes and lasts few hours only. Most of the drugs are in IR form until we need them for some specific purpose. IR medi...  Read Full »

I am unable to fall asleep. Taking ETIZOLA 0.5 for every night. Please advice me.

Query: Dear Doctor, My problem is that, I am unable to fall asleep and it persists for more than a year now. Now started taking ETIZOLA 0.5 for every night. Slight headache is also felt whenever I fail to sleep. I am a male, 38 years old, teetotaller (never drinks alcohol).  Read Full »

Dr. Ananth S

Andrologist, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Chronic insomnia in a middle aged man who is a teetotaller is not very common. (Read expert advice for getting a good night's sleep) One leading cause of insomnia, or inability to fall asleep (Initial Insomnia) is Major Depression. If you experience periods of increased worrying, decreased energ...  Read Full »

Why do I feel ill and sleepy at daytime after taking Veniz XR?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22-year-old male. I have a problem. When I sleep at daytime, I feel ill and sweaty the whole day. When I am not sleeping, I feel better. I want to know about this problem. I am taking Veniz XR for the past six years. Does it cause any side effect? How can I wean off this antidepre...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, excessive sweating can be caused due to Veniz XR (Venlafaxine). Sweating is the most common side effect of Veniz XR. Daytime sleepiness itself is a separate side effect. Veniz XR causes drowsiness and excessive yawning. As you have been taking Veniz XR for the past...  Read Full »

I start to shiver, feel weak and scare to sleep when I hear some accident. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, It has been around four years that I am always scared to sleep. It usually happens if there is an accident I am scared that it will happen to me too, and I would not sleep for about a week. I am so scared of earthquakes, and many nights, I will not sleep thinking that our building wil...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are suggestive of an anxiety disorder, which is making you excessively worried about things happening around you. It can be tiring and emotionally exhausting to experience high levels of anxiety all the time. Try relaxation exercises to help manage stre...  Read Full »