Q. I am unable to fall asleep. Taking ETIZOLA 0. 5 for every night. Please advice me.

Dr. Ananth S
This is a premium question & answer published on May 03, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 03, 2019

Dear Doctor,

My problem is that, I am unable to fall asleep and it persists for more than a year now. Now started taking ETIZOLA 0.5 for every night. Slight headache is also felt whenever I fail to sleep.

I am a male, 38 years old, teetotaller (never drinks alcohol).

#

Chronic insomnia in a middle aged man who is a teetotaller is not very common. (Read expert advice for getting a good night's sleep)

One leading cause of insomnia, or inability to fall asleep (Initial Insomnia) is Major Depression.

If you experience periods of increased worrying, decreased energy, lack of interest and motivation, anxiety, irritability, sadness with or without crying spells, increased forgetfulness -- you might have a case of depression, which is easily evaluated and treated and is the best way to address your chronic insomnia rather than just taking sleep aides.

You might want to see a psychiatrist in person or book for an online therapy at icliniq.

|