Q. Is there any siddha medicine for bout of sneezing which predominates in the morning?

Dr. Arul Amuthan

I have a sneezing problem (more than a year) every morning when I woke up. I forced to sneeze vigorously at least 20 times in the morning. Please suggest any medicine in Siddha to cure this sneeze.

I have been taking allopathy medicine for three months but it gives more side effects, drowsiness, and cough. And if I stop that medicine I get sneeze again. Please help. I took a test for eosinophilia and lung function tests, they are normal and I am currently taking Montec and Furamist nasal spray.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

You are using nasal sprays of steroid and antiallergic drugs. They are not good for long term use due to side effects.

According to Siddha Medicine, this condition can be treated as follows:

1) Avoid exposure or cold air (AC), dust, mist, etc. They can activate the immune system in the nostril, thus sneezing occurs. Sometimes, AC also makes dryness in the nostril. In order to maintain normal secretion, the act of sneezing could be initiated in the morning.

2) Avoid cold and sour tasted foods at night like curd, ice cream, and food kept in the fridge without heating.

3) Consume more rasam prepared using ginger (fresh or dried), pepper, tulsi leaf, or betel leaf.

4) The following drugs to be used. Poorna chandrodayam tablet one tablet in the morning and one tablet in the evening with one vethilai (betel leaf). Keep the tablet on the betel leaf and role it. Chew in the mouth using teeth. Then, swallow it. this can be done after food. This should be continued for 25 days. (you need 50 tablets). Swasa kudori tablet two tablets in the morning and night after food, swallow with water. This is for three months (you need 180 tablets). This can be continued for many days if required.

Palagarai parpam tablet one tablet in the morning and one at evening after food. This is for three months. This can be continued for many days if required. Chukku thailam, this oil to be applied as a nasal drop before bed and in early morning. The same oil should be applied on the top of the head (scalp) in themorning. Do mild massage with your own hand. After one hour, take bath. This should be applied every day or at least every alternate day.

All drugs are available in Siddha pharma.

| 

What causes frequent sneezing, wheezing and cough during cold climate?

Query: Hi doctor, I have frequent sneezing during cold climate. I have wheezing and cough. I used several medicines for seven years. I have no problem with the heart, and I do not have asthma.  Read Full »

How to get relief from nose block?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 years old. Since two weeks, I am suffering with cold, especially nose blockage. As per doctor advice, I had Mucolite SR and Mondeslor daily night. He also advised me to take vaporizer and salt water gargling but I did not do that. I used Otrivine nasal drop for immediate relief. W...  Read Full »

Can homeopathy medicines still be continued when taking Siddha medicines?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 39 year old married female and have two kids. One and a half years ago, I was diagnosed with bulky left ovary and shows an irregular cystic lesion of 34 by 25 mm with low-level internal echoes. The right ovary is normal in echo anatomy. I then started taking homeopathy ...  Read Full »

Ask a Siddha Medicine Specialist Now