Q. Please guide how to use snehapana at home.

Dr. Alka
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jun 20, 2019

I have chronic gastritis. I want to do snehapana at home with pure cow ghee. Can you please guide me?

Dr. Alka

#

Ideally, you should have done it under the supervision of a nearby Ayurveda physician. Because this procedure also requires a close watch and some dietary restriction. Even if you are taking some medicine without guidance, it is not advisable to do it on your own. It can also cause some issues like nausea, vomiting, etc. in some cases, and it might be hard for you to manage it at home.

The amount of ghee should be taken on various factors, and it requires a complete history and clinical examination. Also, the amount of ghee needs to be increased day by day for some days. After intake of ghee symptoms need to be watched for proper digestion. If the physician does not find appropriate digestive symptoms, then he can manage accordingly.

After proper digestion of ghee, a particular dietary regimen and lifestyle have to be managed. So you should do it under supervision. I hope you understand my point that rather than doing it at home, it is better to do under the supervision of a nearby Ayurveda physician.

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now