Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I have a problem facing public and lack confidence. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Youness Tanani
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 05, 2018

Hello doctor,

I am 21 years old and completed my graduation. I have a problem facing the public like the people who know me and who do not know me. I do not have any confidence in facing the public . As I am a tall person with 6'4" height I feel very unique with the way others see me. This problem has started from around five years slowly and I think I am in its peak stage. I always have run away from facing people who know me. I feel that others think I am somewhat inappropriate. If there is any function in around my house, I used to skip from those by making excuses so that I do not have to face people. I have some friends from school but they are not in town, so most of the time I sit alone. I wanted to be like other boys of my age, mingling with public and doing all the things they do. I also have the problem of hyperhidrosis which increases the lack of confidence level. Day by day I think this problem is becoming worse. I feel like others are laughing at my appearance and attitude. Please advice me about this situation because I cannot afford to go to psychiatrist personally. Please help me.

Dr. Youness Tanani

Nutritionist Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor


Welcome to

Your case can contain just pieces of advice and way to do over the internet. Seems you are suffering from a social anxiety disorder. In general, these kinds of disorders are not treated via medications. The only way is taking sessions of CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) in person in order to discover what your unconscious brain keep and unlock it. It is very important to know about your childhood for better evaluation.

Some cases are considered as a genetical trait and need a CBT, meditation, and yoga but no medicines been described for your case and no solid evidence for medications efficiency.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Why do I overthink and feel anxious around people?
What can be done for eye contact anxiety?
I am taking Celexa and Xanax for OCD without any improvement. Should I change my treatment?
Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

I feel panic to face people in public. Is it fine to take Inderal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting panic to face people. I want to overcome it as it makes me sad. I am a teacher and this frustrates me when I have to say something in front of pupils. When I am in class I do not have a problem. But for example, when all the students gathered in the yard I used to avoid speak...  Read Full »

I have a habit of tongue thrusting. How to stop it?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a habit of tongue thrusting. Now, I am using permanent retainers for the past four months. How to overcome it?  Read Full »

Also Read

Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»
I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a year back. Can you suggest any medicine?
Having celiac fromnlast 10 year dignosis recently ayear ago since then i am gluten free still cant absorb food feeling w...  Read more»
My head is shivering from 20 days, and it feels like head trauma. What is the cause?
Hello sir, My head is shivering like anything , feeling like trauma is head. And its start anytime in a day and when s...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Psychiatrist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.