Q. I have a problem facing public and lack confidence. Please help.

Dr. Youness Tanani

I am 21 years old and completed my graduation. I have a problem facing the public like the people who know me and who do not know me. I do not have any confidence in facing the public . As I am a tall person with 6'4" height I feel very unique with the way others see me. This problem has started from around five years slowly and I think I am in its peak stage. I always have run away from facing people who know me. I feel that others think I am somewhat inappropriate. If there is any function in around my house, I used to skip from those by making excuses so that I do not have to face people. I have some friends from school but they are not in town, so most of the time I sit alone. I wanted to be like other boys of my age, mingling with public and doing all the things they do. I also have the problem of hyperhidrosis which increases the lack of confidence level. Day by day I think this problem is becoming worse. I feel like others are laughing at my appearance and attitude. Please advice me about this situation because I cannot afford to go to psychiatrist personally. Please help me.

Dr. Youness Tanani

Nutritionist Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor
#

Your case can contain just pieces of advice and way to do over the internet. Seems you are suffering from a social anxiety disorder. In general, these kinds of disorders are not treated via medications. The only way is taking sessions of CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) in person in order to discover what your unconscious brain keep and unlock it. It is very important to know about your childhood for better evaluation.

Some cases are considered as a genetical trait and need a CBT, meditation, and yoga but no medicines been described for your case and no solid evidence for medications efficiency.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|