Q. Why do I have the feelings of being judged?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 12, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2020

I am a 33 year old unmarried male. I have become extremely self-conscious and unproductive during the past one year. I do not feel sad, but I feel that I am not good enough. I have become reclusive and feel stupid. Initially, I was a very shy child. Then I become more confident and could make conversation easily with everybody. But now, I feel that I am being judged and so I avoid conversation with most people. Please help.

#

• These symptoms are also seen commonly in social anxiety.
  • SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) like Escitalopram, Fluoxetine, etc., can help to reduce the symptoms and you will feel better. These drugs will help to reduce the social anxiety and you will regain the confidence.
  • If these symptoms are resulting in the loss of your work, social and personal life, then please consult a psychiatrist for physical evaluation and appropriate management.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

| 
1 out of 1 likes

Having depression and not getting well with SSRI. Can you suggest any treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from depression, anxiety, and OCD. I have tried triglycerides and SSRI, but they do not seem to work. I also have BP and diabetes. I am currently on cardiac medicines as I have undergone angioplasty twice. Please suggest me the treatment for depression.  Read Full »

Does Paxil cause constipation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a twelve year old son, weighing 100 lbs. He was admitted to the hospital 12 days back for major depressive disorder (MDD), lack of sleep and having suicidal thoughts. He was prescribed Paxil 20 mg. I am concerned because he is exhibiting periods of low, melancholy moods and period...  Read Full »

Will my anxiety relapse if I stop SSRI?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a male who was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) and social anxiety, eight years back. Initially, I was prescribed Paxil 20 mg, which helped treat my anxiety and depression but I started having side effects of weight gain, fatigue, and sexual dysfunction. When I st...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»