Q. I get upset when my partner does not encourage me on social media posts. Why?

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

I am really addicted to a person I love and it bothers me a lot when he does not talk. Obviously I understand he needs his own space and he is taking care of his mental health too but I am addicted in wrong way to him like not liking or commenting on my social media posts. Social media affects me a lot and I have a lot of expectation problems with him, like I expect him to comment of my posts and appreciate me whenever I send a snap on snapchat because I see he does it with others not that frequently but he does comment on other girl’s posts but not mine. He used to comment a lot until last month, but now he kind of stopped and I want to get over this.

#

You should ask him about his somewhat odd behavior towards you. You should tell him about your expectations of him. But you should also stop living in the virtual life of social media and giving importance of likes-dislike on photos. It is more important to sit together and talk or hold hands and walk together. It is the best thing to make eye contact with your loved ones and hug your loved ones rather than concentrating on virtual social media life. Do not love to show others, you must love each other because you are really in love.

If he does not like your picture on snap chat then it is fine, there is nothing wrong. When he can give you compliment personally and do not like pictures on social media to show worlds then it is fine. If you love him then try to accept him as he is. Just enjoy real moment. I would like to suggest you stay away from social media as much as you can. It is normal to use in a moderate amount but you must not spend more time on social media. Live real life. Go for a walk with your loved ones, laugh with him, cry with him, do some stupid things with him, make beautiful memories with him, sing a song together, dance at home with him but please do not do to upload on social media.

I hope that you get your answer.

|