Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I get upset when my partner does not encourage me on social media posts. Why?

Answered by
Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 05, 2020

Hello doctor,

I am really addicted to a person I love and it bothers me a lot when he does not talk. Obviously I understand he needs his own space and he is taking care of his mental health too but I am addicted in wrong way to him like not liking or commenting on my social media posts. Social media affects me a lot and I have a lot of expectation problems with him, like I expect him to comment of my posts and appreciate me whenever I send a snap on snapchat because I see he does it with others not that frequently but he does comment on other girl’s posts but not mine. He used to comment a lot until last month, but now he kind of stopped and I want to get over this.



Welcome to

You should ask him about his somewhat odd behavior towards you. You should tell him about your expectations of him. But you should also stop living in the virtual life of social media and giving importance of likes-dislike on photos. It is more important to sit together and talk or hold hands and walk together. It is the best thing to make eye contact with your loved ones and hug your loved ones rather than concentrating on virtual social media life. Do not love to show others, you must love each other because you are really in love.

If he does not like your picture on snap chat then it is fine, there is nothing wrong. When he can give you compliment personally and do not like pictures on social media to show worlds then it is fine. If you love him then try to accept him as he is. Just enjoy real moment. I would like to suggest you stay away from social media as much as you can. It is normal to use in a moderate amount but you must not spend more time on social media. Live real life. Go for a walk with your loved ones, laugh with him, cry with him, do some stupid things with him, make beautiful memories with him, sing a song together, dance at home with him but please do not do to upload on social media.

I hope that you get your answer.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Homeopathy and Psychological Disorders
I am wasting most of the time on the internet. Please help.
Internet Addiction Disorder and Gaming Disorder
Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

How can I overcome internet addiction?

Query: Hello doctor, I cannot control my mind from using internet. Please share with me if any solutions are available.  Read Full »

What are the side effects of taking Adderall for a long time?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 29 year old boyfriend, who weighs 190 lbs and 6 feet tall, he is a former athlete in college. He was diagnosed with idiopathic hypersomnia through the spinal tab, five years ago. He is now taking Adderall 60 mg a day total, spread over six times, and is using Flumazenil cream, wh...  Read Full »

Why do I get sudden jerks when I am about to sleep?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 31 years old, male. My problem is when I am about to go to sleep then there is a sudden jerk. I asked my wife. I do not jerk while sleeping or in middle of sleep. It happens just when I am about to fall asleep. Suddenly a quick jerk. It happens for a couple of times then finally I ...  Read Full »

Also Read

Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»
I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a year back. Can you suggest any medicine?
Having celiac fromnlast 10 year dignosis recently ayear ago since then i am gluten free still cant absorb food feeling w...  Read more»
My head is shivering from 20 days, and it feels like head trauma. What is the cause?
Hello sir, My head is shivering like anything , feeling like trauma is head. And its start anytime in a day and when s...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Psychiatrist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.