Q. How to overcome my low confidence, and poor concentration?

Dr. Shubham Mehta

I am a 26-year-old male. I have shyness in public, low confidence, and poor concentration in studies with anxiety, escaping attitude. I am afraid of driving alone and have a fear of giving interviews.

Dr. Shubham Mehta

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology Sleep Medicine
#

The symptoms you have mentioned are low confidence, shyness in public, escaping attitude, fear of interviews. These symptoms point towards a diagnosis of social phobia. The most studied and most effective treatment for phobias is behavior therapy. A variety of behavioral treatment techniques have been used, the most common being systematic desensitization. In this method, the client is exposed serially to a predetermined list of anxiety-provoking stimuli graded in a hierarchy from the least to the most frightening. Through the use of anti-anxiety drugs and instruction in muscle relaxation, clients are taught how to induce in themselves both mental and physical relaxation.

Once they have mastered the techniques, clients are taught to use them to induce relaxation in the face of each anxiety-provoking stimulus. As they become desensitized to each stimulus in the scale, the patients move up to the next stimulus until, ultimately, what previously produced the most anxiety no longer elicits the painful effect. Effective drugs for the treatment of social phobia include

(1) Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) like Paroxetine or Escitalopram.

(2) The Benzodiazepines like Ativan or Rivotril.

Another option is to take tablet Beta cap 20 mg 30 minutes before you are going to face an anxiety-provoking situation. Please visit your nearest psychiatrist for proper evaluation and treatment.

|