Q. I am getting nervous and start sweating when I meet new people. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 28, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 17, 2021

While talking to people like in the office, with my boss or a new person I am getting nervous and start sweating. How to stop that nervousness and sweating? Because of this fear, I am avoiding official meetings and personally meet with people around me as well.

#

• From the available description, it appears that you are suffering with social phobia.
  • With regard to treatment, I like to assure you that it is a treatable disorder either with the help of medications or psychotherapy. The common psychotherapy used in this is systemic desensitization or behavior therapy.
  • In my view, you should see a psychiatrist without delay as untreated illness takes more time to respond and so, it is always better to get treated early.

For further information consult a psychologist counsellor online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychologist-counsellor

|