Q. Since my childhood I suffer from social phobia. Suggest some ayurvedic medicine.

Dr. Vinod Kumar
Published on Oct 29, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 65 years old and since my childhood I suffer from social phobia. In spite of trying to control myself, I am unable to keep up my confidence. Suggest some ayurvedic medicine.

#

There are virtually no medicines for social phobia

Following things may help you come out of this phobia.

• More and more exposure to such situations where you feel this phobia. Avoiding the situation is not the solution. Facing the problem is the real solution. Make a note of such events when you were gripped with social phobia and make a strategy to come out of it. 
  • Proper preparation: Sometimes we are scared of giving talks on a stage or to speak on some specific topic. Proper preparation may add benefits. 
  • Maintaining healthy routine can be really beneficial. Good diet and exercise are supposed to increase overall confidence among people. 
  • Being a specialist in yoga, I can assure you that yoga can be of special benefit. Yoga is an ancient science which basically deals with better control over mind. Modern research evidence also supports increased self esteem in people who practise yoga regularly. 
  • Counseling sessions can give special benefit. I consider yoga counseling even more important in that aspect. 

Wishing you a a healthy life ahead.

Get back to an ayurveda specialist online for further help --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

I lack confidence in myself and cannot talk to new people. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I lack confidence when I am alone. I am always confident when it comes to the public. I really get busted and also I do not know why. I cannot talk to new people or crossgender with an initiative. I even do not know why I always feel lonely like I know I do not have people to talk eve...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now