Q. I got a cut on forearm while doing fencing work. Please advise some medication for it.

I got a small cut on my forearm while cleaning my house due to the barbwire fencing. Can you please advice on the medication for it?

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

Welcome to icliniq.com

It is better if you could attach the picture. Now as you have mentioned, if it is a small cut topical antibiotics would be enough. You should apply Mupirocin ointment or Betadine ointment three to four times a day until it heals. Also, as it is a metal wire, you should have tetanus injection if you have not had in the last five years.

If it worsens in a day or two like developing redness swelling or pus then will need oral antibiotics like Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid), which appears unlikely.

| 

I have attached the image.

#

I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It is not a small cut but appears to be a deep one. You can take the following medications.

1. Tablet Augmentin 625 mg twice daily for five days.

2. Capsule Cyra D 20 mg before breakfast once daily for five days.

3. Dressing daily, clean with Betadine, apply Mupirocin ointment, and cover it with sterile gauze.

4. Tetanus shot.

Keep it dry as much as possible.

|