iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersOtolaryngology (E.N.T)sore throatI have a sore throat with a white - yellowish spot. Please help

What does a white-yellowish spot in the throat with a sore throat indicate?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At October 31, 2022
Reviewed AtDecember 7, 2023

Patient's Query

I noticed a white-yellowish spot on my left tonsil about six weeks ago. There was no pain until a week ago, but now I experience a mild sore throat. I am not sure if it is related but just wondering if the spot is something I should be worried about. Also, I have always had large tonsils. Is it something to worry about? Please give your suggestions.

Answered by Dr. Akshay. B. K.

I went through your query and understood your concern. I see a whitish bump on your left tonsil near its upper pole, and it seems to be a small collection of pus in the crypts of your tonsil (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). It happens when there is a mild infection in your tonsils. The tonsils are collections of lymphoid cells which have a defensive action, so these cells get infected sometimes, and it is nothing to worry about. I suggest you to follow the instructions mentioned below, 1. Take a tablet with a combination of Amoxicillin (antibiotic) and Clavulanic Acid (beta-lactamase inhibitors) 625 mg in the morning and night after food. 2. Take a tablet of Pantoprazole (antacid) 40 mg once in the morning on an empty stomach. 3. Take the tablet Aceclofenac (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug) in the morning and night after food. 4. Take the tablet Levocetirizine (antihistamine) at night after food. 5. Also, do salt water gargling with lukewarm water three times a day. 6. Avoid citrus fruits and curd. I hope this has helped you out. Kindly follow up if you have further doubts. Thanks and regards.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Akshay. B. K.
Dr. Akshay. B. K.

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

sore throattonsils

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy