Q. What medicines help treat sore throat and fever in a 19-year-old patient?

Dr. Basuki Nath Bhagat

I am a 19-year-old female with a height of 5 feet 4 inches and a weight of 50 kgs. I have a fever and a sore throat. It is difficult for me to swallow or drink water. I just tried warm water and salt gargles.

#

You have upper respiratory tract symptoms pointing towards pharyngitis. Did you come in contact with a COVID-19 patient or have a runny nose or cough? Since how many days are you having the symptoms? Keep doing gargle with lukewarm water two to three times a day. I should know your allergy history to antibiotics, and only then I can suggest an antibiotic. Avoid intake of cold food or water and stay hydrated. I would suggest you the following:

1. Tablet Paracetamol 500 mg two to three times a day for fever and sore throat.
  2. Antiallergic medicine like tablet Levocetirizine before bedtime for three days.

|