Medical Advice on "HIV/AIDS specialist"

Dr. Sushma  Shah
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lots of tests you have undergone and all have turned negative, so you cannot label as HIV positive. If the lymphnode is big enough, consult a general surgeon for FNAC needle biopsy and histopathological examination ... View thread »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I wanted to ask you whether you had taken Truvada and Tivicay as post-exposure prophylaxis? Belly fat changes which you have developed is one of the side-effect of antiretrovirals which you had taken. The mechanism ... View thread »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1) Oral sex is a less risky activity, but, that does not mean that it is risk-free. 2) The likelihood of HIV transmission from a person with HIV to a non-HIV infected individual depends on the type of contact ... View thread »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The virus can not permeate through the intact condom. The amount of protection given by barrier contraceptive (condom) is not only​ for HIV but also for other sexually transmitted infections. Research has ample ... View thread »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Answers to your queries are, 1)This is not a likely situation of entry of HIV through the vaginal fluid. Acquisition of HIV in this scenario is non-existent. Your fears are unwanted. 2) It is good that your p24 test ... View thread »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You had negligible to low-risk exposure in this scenario. Mutual masturbation and playing with tits involves no risk. I guess there was no discharge from tits. If there was no discharge, again this was a negligible ... View thread »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The answer to your question based on the various things that unprotected sexual act without ejaculation still puts you at some risk of contacting HIV as you do not know the other person status. But the good thing is ... View thread »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to bring some of the recent facts about HIV tests. Studies have shown that the recent tests are highly sensitive and specific and HIV seroconversion (positivity) could be detected within one to two weeks after ... View thread »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms of acute HIV infection appear relatively for a short duration and resolve within a few days. These can appear anywhere around two to six weeks. Your signs at nine weeks could be a coincidental finding, ... View thread »

Dr. Kakkar S
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Protected anal sex and fingering is safe and there is no risk of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus). However, receiving unprotected oral sex carries a very low risk even though saliva is not considered infectious, ... View thread »