Medical Advice on "Dermatology"

Dr. Sunil   Kothiwala
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From these two photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is visible that lesions are little inflamed and red. It is indicating folliculitis. Non-bacterial folliculitis can be non painful. Specially ... View thread »

Dr. Ashwini  V  Swamy
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have erosions on the glans penis that is more consistent with candidal balanitis, other possibilities are chancroid, herpes. Please stop using Surfaz SN, it has steroid in it. Steroid helps to bring down the ... View thread »

Dr. Payal Chauhan
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are concerned. Looking at your photographs, I can appreciate that you have two things (attachment removed to protect patient identity). 1. Acanthosis nigricans: The darkening of the neck and ... View thread »

Dr. Hari Hara Sudhan
Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.What your photo shows is a skin ulcer (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are many reasons for skin ulceration in the groin area. We have to rule out sexually transmitted diseases first of all. I would ... View thread »

Dr. Dilip Meena
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com I understand your concern. 1. Yes, this is molluscum contagiosum. On genitals it spreads via sexual contact, so it is an STD (sexually transmitted disease). 2. Try to avoid sexual contact till they get treated. 3. ... View thread »

Dr. Ashwini  V  Swamy
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand acne is very frustrating. Many factors play a role in acne, they are, 1. The hormone is the main factor. Here acne is seen mainly on the chin and neck. A most common cause is the polycystic ovarian ... View thread »

Dr. Payal Chauhan
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. This condition is known as pitted keratolysis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a superficial skin infection, caused by Corynebacterium species. Take the following ... View thread »

Dr. Ashwini  V  Swamy
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can see thinning of hair in the picture you have attached, but I cannot see the hair line (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It could be telogen effluvium (stress induced) or early androgenetic alopecia ... View thread »

Dr. Dilip Meena
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Your condition is known as androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness, which has genetic as well as hormonal factors as the causative factors. You need to use treatment for this ... View thread »

Dr. Payal Chauhan
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. 1. It certainly looks like candidal balanoposthitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity), though I would appreciate a photo without flash to see the lesional morphology better ... View thread »

Ask a Dermatologist »