Medical Advice on "Diabetology"

Dr. Ankush   Gupta
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query to this platform. Your sister is a known case of hypothyroidism with uncontrolled type 2 diabetes mellitus. Her sugar is constantly raised throughout the last 5-6 months as shown in the reports ... View thread »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at RBG given (360 mg/100 ml), he has totally uncontrolled diabetes. When this happens there is a lot of glucose lost through urine, leading to excess urination, excess thirst and excess hunger. Plus there is ... View thread »

Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think the dosage is less for complete control of the sugar levels. Let her take one tablet at morning and 1.5 tablets at night and let me know her sugar levels. This new medicine has less dosage in comparison to the ... View thread »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Normal fasting glucose levels are the same for all types of patients, persons of different age group. The range of fasting glucose is 70 to 100 mg/100 ml (earlier upper margin was allowed up to 110 mg). The usual ... View thread »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ketones usually develop more often in T1 diabetes. Especially when there is no adequate insulin and glucose levels are higher than 300 to 350 mg. It is necessary to take adequate water to eliminate those through urine ... View thread »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Samak rice (barnyard millet) is good for everyone, more so for a diabetic person as it provides a good deal of fibers, multiple nutrients, and enough calories too. Instead of regular rice, this can be substituted. The ... View thread »

Dr. Bindiya  Thakkar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since this question was posted under diabetology, I am wondering if you have any endocrine issues. The question asked here is about gastroenterology. The liver tests would be concerning for a liver process like ... View thread »

Dr. Shazli Naseer
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are very young and have full symptoms, which is typical of type 1 diabetes where the body is insulin dependent and pills do not work. Your doctor should check for particular laboratory tests for that including C- ... View thread »

Dr. Divakara  P
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rather than the best way, we consider more convenient and economical ways for the patient. The best is always an Insulin pump, but it is costly and requires continued patient education. Injecting Insulin into the same ... View thread »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Almost all the people having diabetes will sometime during the course of the disease will develop diabetic neuropathy. The reason is damage to microvasculature (small blood vessels supplying the nerves) get affected. ... View thread »