Medical Advice on "Diabetology"

Dr. Raveendran Sr
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A glucometer is not the standard gold method it has a variability of 30 Plus or minus for conforming. Do HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin), FBS (fasting blood sugar), PPBS (postprandial blood sugar level) and urine complete ... View thread »

Dr. Raveendran Sr
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few reasons. 1. Pre-diabetes can have such results which means you are more prone to get diabetes. Increased PPBS (postprandial blood sugar) means your pancreas is working very hard to reduce your sugar. ... View thread »

Dr. Anshul  Varshney
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. You need to consider the postprandial report two hours post breakfast while checking blood sugar at home. This is very normal phenomenon that you are observing as one gets lower blood sugar levels ... View thread »

Dr. Ankush   Gupta
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query to this platform. Your sister is a known case of hypothyroidism with uncontrolled type 2 diabetes mellitus. Her sugar is constantly raised throughout the last 5-6 months as shown in the reports ... View thread »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at RBG given (360 mg/100 ml), he has totally uncontrolled diabetes. When this happens there is a lot of glucose lost through urine, leading to excess urination, excess thirst and excess hunger. Plus there is ... View thread »

Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think the dosage is less for complete control of the sugar levels. Let her take one tablet at morning and 1.5 tablets at night and let me know her sugar levels. This new medicine has less dosage in comparison to the ... View thread »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Normal fasting glucose levels are the same for all types of patients, persons of different age group. The range of fasting glucose is 70 to 100 mg/100 ml (earlier upper margin was allowed up to 110 mg). The usual ... View thread »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ketones usually develop more often in T1 diabetes. Especially when there is no adequate insulin and glucose levels are higher than 300 to 350 mg. It is necessary to take adequate water to eliminate those through urine ... View thread »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Samak rice (barnyard millet) is good for everyone, more so for a diabetic person as it provides a good deal of fibers, multiple nutrients, and enough calories too. Instead of regular rice, this can be substituted. The ... View thread »

Dr. Bindiya  Thakkar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since this question was posted under diabetology, I am wondering if you have any endocrine issues. The question asked here is about gastroenterology. The liver tests would be concerning for a liver process like ... View thread »