Medical Advice on "Diabetology"

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there is a procedure called pancreatic transplant. It must be taking place in your place as well. You can click on the individual hospital website and check if they have a pancreatic transplant facility, but it ... View thread »

Dr. Kaveri  Dandapani
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding blood sugar levels, if a patient is diabetic and if she is on oral medication for diabetes, the sugar levels can be as have you stated (fasting blood sugar level more than the post prandial blood sugar). This ... View thread »

Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to tell you that different mechanism of our body act to control our fasting and postprandial sugars. Firstly, you are doing well with your blood sugars. The fasting sugar is slightly higher, but no issues. ... View thread »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the details given. The glucose levels mentioned are normal. Only 106 mg shows a pre-diabetic fasting level. These levels are unlikely to affect the nerve function. From your information, I get a feeling ... View thread »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned I would like to say that the reason that your insulin levels are dropping is because of your beta cells of the pancreas are getting exhausted and are not ... View thread »

Dr. Anshul  Varshney
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. You need to consider the postprandial report two hours post breakfast while checking blood sugar at home. This is very normal phenomenon that you are observing as one gets lower blood sugar levels ... View thread »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A slight variation in fasting and PP (postprandial) glucose levels can occur. It is not unusual. Please tell me with the value 61 with food, did you have any symptoms of hypoglycemia? This looks like reactive ... View thread »

Dr. Raveendran Sr
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A glucometer is not the standard gold method it has a variability of 30 Plus or minus for conforming. Do HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin), FBS (fasting blood sugar), PPBS (postprandial blood sugar level) and urine complete ... View thread »

Dr. Raveendran Sr
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few reasons. 1. Pre-diabetes can have such results which means you are more prone to get diabetes. Increased PPBS (postprandial blood sugar) means your pancreas is working very hard to reduce your sugar. ... View thread »

Dr. Ankush   Gupta
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query to this platform. Your sister is a known case of hypothyroidism with uncontrolled type 2 diabetes mellitus. Her sugar is constantly raised throughout the last 5-6 months as shown in the reports ... View thread »