Medical Advice on "Ophthalmology (Eye Care)"

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Such bleeding is not normal. The causes of such an occurrence are varied. A few common causes include a blood clot, a tear in the tear duct, infections like conjunctivitis, and sometimes a cut in the conjunctival ... View thread »

Dr. Souhad
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thankfully only one eye was affected and I hope your other eye is intact and fully functional. Unfortunately, a dilated pupil that does not react to light in the affected eye means that it is no longer transmitting ... View thread »

Dr. Souhad
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Indeed a corneal ulcer requires patience, time, and continuous monitoring until it is fully healed or scar forms. Sometimes it might take up to a year and more. It is however mandatory that you add to the list of eye ... View thread »

Dr. Asif  Manzoor
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition you have described is called proptosis. The most common cause of proptosis is thyroid abnormality (hyperthyroidism) and called thyroid eye disease (TED). In this condition, eye muscle gets enlarged due ... View thread »

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have sent I do not see a freckle in either eye. A freckle will show as a pigmented patch in the retina of the eye. If there is a freckle it will not ... View thread »

Dr. Souhad
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. That is a very normal refractive condition of a 4-year-old child and I would not advise correction. However, you might want to consider reducing the time watching TV along with the brightness of the screen after ... View thread »

Dr. Rahul  Vaswani
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a corneal ulcer. The probable cause is trauma due to lenses or infected contact lens solution. Please do not use the steroid drop. You can have devastating consequences. The steroid drops will ... View thread »

Dr. Souhad
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you describe, you have become addicted to your glasses. Your age permits you to wear lenses, and that will provide you with even better correction and vision. But, to better evaluate your condition, I ... View thread »

Dr. Souhad
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fact that your vision becomes better upon changing the position of the head or pulling your eyelid towards your ear proves that this is only related to your newly acquired age-related refraction. By reducing the ... View thread »

Dr. Anand
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many types of conjunctivitis. Bacterial conjunctivitis usually causes pus like discharge and stickiness of eyes in the morning. This will relieve quickly with antibiotic eye drops like Moxifloxacin (brand name ... View thread »