Medical Advice on "Family Physician"

Dr. Kiran Anaparthi
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. HIV cannot be transmitted through water, and it is not infectious because HIV cannot live in water. Drinking water containing the virus cannot cause HIV infection. If it is possible, then no one can stop HIV infection ... View thread »

Dr. Ashish Jayanand  Chandwadkar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your complaint and also the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that you provided of the lesion. As far as your history of painful sores on tongue tip is concerned, there can be ... View thread »

Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have xiphodynia, and it means pain and tenderness in the xiphoid process. Following are the common causes regarding pain in the xiphoid process. Trauma or injury to the xiphoid area. Bone disease.  Emphysema-like ... View thread »

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your cycles have been regular, then intimacy on day-20 of your cycle would place you in the safe period. The life of the ovum is only 24 hours and ovulation occurs by mid-cycle. Also, there was no intercourse ... View thread »

Dr. Arun R Kaushik
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to identify which part of the mango are you allergic to and avoid it. Is it the juice or for the peal? Also, any particular variety of mango needs to be identified like banganapalli, alphonso, etc. If ... View thread »

Dr. Ashok  Kumar Choudhary
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available pictures (attachments removed to protect patient identity) there is ample evidence of balanitis (inflammation of prepuce) and urethritis ... View thread »

Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity) do show high titers of Salmonella typhi O and H antigen. The treatment offered with antibiotic, Cefpodoxime 200 mg twice a day, is to be taken ideally for 10 ... View thread »

Dr. Suneetha B S
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Assessment) test result, a value greater than 1 is considered reactive (positive). Your result is 0.03, which is less than 1. Hence, it is non-reactive (negative). In HIV (Human ... View thread »

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. High fever and chill are indicative of infection indeed and as we have a cause rightly evident there are chances that you may be developing hydronephrosis (accumulation of urine in swollen kidney) in the right kidney ... View thread »

Dr. Nazma  Parveen
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your question and would like to tell you that stiffness and numbness in the thumb can be caused by a number of conditions. The most common cause is a nerve compression or pinched nerve. Carpal ... View thread »

Ask a Family Physician »