Medical Advice on "General Medicine"

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. But there is nothing to worry about. RDW (red blood cell distribution width) is used to determine the type of anemia, it indicates the average size of the red blood cells. Your values are a ... View thread »

Dr. Naresh  Kumar Monigari
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the reports posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Mean platelet volume suggests the mean volume of single platelet, which is high and is mostly an incidental finding. Some ... View thread »

Dr. Nadia Khan
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There would be no complications during the first pregnancy but may occur in the subsequent ones due to isoimmunization phenomenon. It is a problem which arises if the mother is having negative blood group and baby is ... View thread »

Dr. Ashaq Hussain  Parrey
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Shingles involve a single dermatome. So, it is unlikely going to spread and will heal completely in two weeks. Prednisolone is a steroid and can cause reactivation of Shingles. So you need to ... View thread »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few conditions which cause painful blisters even without a sexual contact, like genital herpes, primary syphilis, impetigo among others. Please provide more details: Are these blisters painful or ... View thread »

Dr. Sadaf  Mustafa
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Classical cardiac chest pain is a sensation as if an elephant is sitting on your chest. It lasts from a few seconds to minutes and could be provoked by exertion. What you are feeling is classified as atypical chest ... View thread »

Dr. C Elanchezhian
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Allergy reaction is due to a specific particular protein or substance. Each group has a different type of protein. It varies from each. There are several types of shellfish, each containing different proteins like ... View thread »

Dr. C Elanchezhian
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, sickle cell anemia is a disease where RBC shape changes while dehydration and oxygen level goes down in body. Usually red blood cell will be round and plate shape. During dehydration and less oxygen time the ... View thread »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), looks like perianal area is swollen secondary to explained injury. It will take a little time to heal completely. Kindly follow the following ... View thread »

Dr. Ashish Jayanand  Chandwadkar
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, not only the LDL (low-density lipoprotein) but the triglycerides, the HDL (high-density cholesterol) and their ratio are equally important. You need to do some dietary and lifestyle changes according to your ... View thread »